Forty

slightly longer chapter than usual - Taehyung finally gets himself some closure after realising no one else is going to get it for him <3

Taehyung's pov:

I struggle to catch my breath as i'm tickled relentlessly.

My eyes are strained and gone all watery, face red as no sounds come out of my mouth.

"H-hobi stop!" I manage, only being saved when Namjoon comes in and swoops me out of Hoseok's reach.

I giggle as my body goes limp, exhaustion taking over my features.

"Look what you've done Hoseok, you've tired him out now" Namjoon lightly scolds, letting me wrap my legs around his waist.

I continue to giggle quietly to myself, feeling the ghost touch of fingers on my waist.

The fresh breeze feels nice and cooling on my now overheated skin. My hyung's took me for a day out with them and after spending the morning together, we've ended up at the park.

"i'm sorry Joon but he's just so cute!" I hear Hobi defend, and I bury my face into Namjoon's neck to hide my rising blush.

"what's happened?" Seokjin asks, arriving back from the car and looking between the three of us.

"Hoseok started tickling is what" Namjoon replies, giving me one last squeeze before setting me back down.

"Hoseok you know not to tickle Taehyung, it'll get him all tired and then we'll have a sleepy baby" Jin coos, coming over and placing a beanie on my head he got from the car.

"hyung" I whine, bottom lip jutting out. "i'm not little!"

"i know, i know. I can't help it bub you're just so cute!" He gushes, squishing my cheeks, making me pout like a fish.

"you're no better than Hobi!" Namjoon laughs, pulling my back into his chest.

I smile, always being overwhelmed with the love, care and attention my hyung's give to me. I don't think i'll ever get use to it.

"come on monkey, we came here for some fresh air." Namjoon says, taking my hand as we begin to walk around the large lake.

I've always loved coming here. Before I met Jungkook, my hyung's would take me to this lake almost daily. It's so big that I can't see the other side of it. And there's always the cutest little ducks and ducklings swimming about.

Despite it being mid day, the air was still fresh and quite bitter. Resulting in Jin to keep making trips back to the parked car to get me more layers of clothing to wrap up with. I kept telling him I was fine, but was secretly grateful for the gloves and hat he went back to retrieve.

I was giggling to myself as I listened to Jin and Hobi bicker behind me when I felt Namjoon suddenly halt.

I look up to him confused, seeing him just stare ahead with a blank expression. I turn to see what he's staring at and my face drains of colour.

My mom.

She seems to be on the phone as she walks towards us, unaware of my presence at all. Millions of questions instantly come to mind. Like why is she in Seoul and not Busan? where's Haru? is he here? is he safe? is he okay??

"come on bub let's go." Seokjin says softly, placing a hand on my shoulder before trying to guide me away. But my feet stay planted.

"bub" Namjoon tries. giving my arms a few light pulls.

My eyes are glued to her. She's dressed professionally in a blazer and matching trousers. Heels clicking the pavement below as she seems deeply invested in who she's talking to.