Chapter 26

Boyfriend

Millie's mind kept drifting back to Professor Vector and what the deal was with her. She was confused about the professor's attitude towards her and Harry and the fight she overheard between her and McGonagall. However, since she spent most the evening helping Harry finishing to prepare for the tournament tomorrow, her ponderings were cut short as she had to focus on the matters at hand.

Millie slept fitfully through the night, only getting a few hours, as she was feeling deeply concerned about Harry and Cedric competing in the final task the next day. She woke up to Hermione shouting at her and pulling the covers off, telling her it was time to go to breakfast. Millie groaned and rubbed her eyes, reluctantly getting out of bed to throw on some clothes.

Millie stumbled back out of the bathroom, rubbing her eyes and yawning as Hermione looked at her impatiently. "What? I didn't sleep well."

"Well, come on! We need to go see how Harry's doing." Hermione said, tugging her out of the room as Millie complained. "Honestly, you sleep like the dead, Millie, I don't know how you couldn't sleep well."

"I guess when you've been attacked and put in a coma for weeks and your best friend is about to compete in an extremely dangerous tournament, even I can't sleep through the night." Hermione looked slightly chagrined at Millie's explanation but didn't have a chance to respond as they had made it to the common room and Fred and George were waiting on them. Fred and Millie exchanged a quick kiss good morning before she greeted George. Millie held Fred's hand as they started downstairs, George having informed them that Ron and Harry had gone down earlier because the champions were required to meet downstairs that morning.

"What were you saying to Hermione as you came downstairs this morning?" Fred asked, George and Hermione were preoccupied with arguing about some unimportant topic, surely and Fred had taken the chance to find out what was wrong, noticing the dark circles under Millie's eyes.

Millie just grinned at him and shook it off, "Oh, nothing."

"Are you sure? You looked sort of upset, love."

"I'm sure, it's nothing. Come on, I'm starving." Millie assured Fred, grinning at him as she pulled him along to catch up with Hermione and George. "I wonder what the champions had to come down for early this morning? I mean, they were already told about the main objective of the task a few weeks ago."

"Maybe they had to do some sort of check in or something." George suggested.

"It was probably going over the rules again for the tournament since it's supposed to be so difficult." Hermione reasoned.

"I don't know but hopefully they didn't freak Harry out too much. He's prepared too much for the task to be psyched out by the stupid judges at the last minute." Everyone just nodded in agreement with Millie's statement.

"Guess we'll find out in a second." George said, nodding towards the entrance to the Great Hall. "Wait, is that...Bill? And mum?" Millie and the others looked closer at the Gryffindor table, finding where Harry and Ron were sitting, and it was Bill and Molly sitting with them. Millie hadn't even noticed she'd let go of Fred's hand and started running towards the table until Bill had stood up, laughing, and held out his arms for her to crash into.

Millie hugged Bill tightly, having missed him more than she realized because she hadn't seen him in months and he was basically her older brother too. She vaguely heard Fred and George greeting Molly as she pretty much strangled Bill in her excitement of seeing him.

"Okay, you do remember which Weasley is your boyfriend, right Ames?" Millie finally separated from Bill at that, giving Fred a glare since they hadn't told his family they were dating yet- it had only been a few days.

"Dating? Oh, that's wonderful news dear!" Molly exclaimed as she yanked Millie into a suffocating hug that was thankfully short. Millie gave Fred an annoyed look whenever she was released but her attention was captured at Bill's teasing.

"Boyfriend? You really jumped on that as soon as she got back to Hogwarts, didn't you brother?" Bill chuckled as Fred's face flushed and he tried to come up with a response.

Taking pity on Fred, Millie put her hand on his arm and told Bill, "To be fair, our first kiss was the day I was attacked so it was sort of in the making but was... paused while I was in a coma."

Bill and Molly both laughed but nodded and they all sat down for breakfast. "So, not that I'm not ecstatic to see you both, but what are you doing here?" Millie asked as she grabbed a scone.

"Here for the task! We got invited as Harry's family. Arthur wanted to come but he had work, he may be able to make it to the task tonight though. We get to spend the day with Harry since he doesn't have to go to classes today." Molly explained, patting Harry lovingly on the arm as he flushed from the attention, and probably being called family.

"Hey, maybe I could hang out for the day too! I've just been playing hangman in the back of the classrooms with Harry when I've had to go to class. Getting cursed does come with the perk of not having to take finals." Millie told Bill the last bit, grinning. Ron made a disgruntled noise at the prospect that she would get out of classes again.

"I wish I'd bloody been cursed." Ron grumbled quietly.

Not quietly enough though because Molly heard him and exploded, "Ronald Weasley! How dare you say something so insensitive! Your best friend was unconscious for weeks and we didn't know if she'd survive and you say you wished that'd happened to you? Just so you wouldn't have to take finals?"

Millie giggled with Fred and George as Ron turned red at his mother's scolding then was forced to apologize to Millie for being insensitive to her, at least according to Molly. Millie accepted his apology through a bout of laughter that she was trying to suppress.

"Anyways," Millie gained control of her laughter to ask Bill, "How's Gringotts in London been? Loads different from Egypt?"

Bill went on to entertain them with some exciting stories from his time being a curse breaker there in London. He was halfway through a story that involved some pretty nasty business with disgruntled goblins when Millie felt a tap on her shoulder. Millie turned to find Marko standing behind her with a small grin on his face.

"Marko! Hey, how've you been?" Millie said, twisting around and smiling up at him.

"I'm good, I heard about vat happened to you from Viktor. I just wanted to check and see how you were, actually. Are you alright?" Marko asked, looking slightly uncomfortable as Fred stared him down but Millie just nodded.

"I'm good, thanks. Nice long nap never hurt anyone." She joked, earning a small grin from Marko before he excused himself, likely because of the angry look Fred was giving him. Once Marko was gone, Millie turned to Fred with a frown, "What was that about, Fredrick?"

"He still fancies you." Fred replied with a scowl still on his face.

"So?" Millie retorted.

"So? Some bloke fancies my girlfriend and I'm supposed to be okay with it? Not likely."

"Oh, Merlin. Who cares if he likes me? I like you and that's all that matters. If I liked Marko, I'd be with Marko but I don't so suck it up." Millie responded to Fred, who accepted it with a slight nod but still looked unhappy.

"Come on, Ron. It's time for class." Millie heard Hermione order so she looked away from Fred to Ron and Hermione.

"What about Millie?" Ron grumbled, shooting her a dark look that made Millie give him a sugary sweet smile back.

"She might not have to go to classes but we definitely do, so let's go." Hermione explained, waiting for Ron to get up. Ron shot Millie a dirty look to which she responded by sticking her tongue out at him.

"Amelia!" Mrs. Weasley scolded her, trying to hide her grin at Ron and Millie's usual antics.