THE PROMISE

CHEONGSAN POV :

I stare at the floor blankly, my body is fuming with anger thinking about what nayeon did to gyeongsu. I look over to my other classmates all of them are sad and tired.

Then I realise chaewon is missing, that's when namra comes to my side and says "she's over there, can you be there for here" she asks me and this is the very first time namra asked me to do something. I nod and make my way to the recording room.

When I open the door I see chaewon sitting on the floor, she's completely curled up and I can hear her small sobs.

It broke my heart seeing her like this.

I make my way towards her and kneel down to her length.

'Chaewon' I call softly. She recognises my presence but doesn't lift her head and look at me.

"Chaewon-ah look at me please" I say while pating her head.

She slowly looks at me, her eyes are full of tears.

"Gyeongsu and me had our last conversation here" she says while tears are still flowing down her cheeks. "He wanted to survive so badly cheongsan, he told me that he wants to make it out alive" she finishes while sobbing hard

I hug her and she continues to sob harder in my chest. After a while when she controlled her tears, I pull her from the hug.

CHAEWON POV :

When he pulls me from the hug, I look at him, he smiles a little.

"Don't cry" he says while caressing my cheek and the tears that are still flowing down.

"Why are you comforting me? I should be the one to comfort you" I say knowing cheongsan lost the bestfriend he always adored.

"Its hurts me. It hurts me knowing that gyeongsu doesn't deserve to die such kind of death. But I have to be strong because remember we should make it out alive. I will try my best to protect you even it means to lose myself." He says so genuinely.

I hug him in a form a thank you.

AUTHOR'S POV :

Others see both cheongsan and chaewon coming out. They were relieved to see both of them doing fine.

"If no one is on your side is it okay to kill? Gyeongsu didn't deserve this" chaewon says while they were having a discussion about nayoen's and miss park survival after they went out.

"I feel weird saying this, but I really have to pee" Bare su says and chaewon looks at him in disgust.

"Why are you looking at me like? Don't you wanna pee?" Bare su asks chaewon and she says 'NO'

Daesu says he wanna pee, so does some of the others.

"Hey what about you?" Daesu asks hyoryeong and she whines at him

"What about you cheongsan, don't you poop?" He then shifts his question to cheongsan.

Cheongsan looks at daesu "I don't.... No I don't wanna poop" he finishes and looks at chaewon and she looks at him too.

"Why are you looking at chaewon? Hey chaewon you wanna poop right?" Daesu asks chaewon.

She smacks his shoulder and tells him no.

"I know chaewon loves to poop" daesu says and chaewon frustratedly groans.

"I'll kill you, you idiot" chaewon says while holding daesu's neck.

This scenario makes everyone laugh including cheongsan.

When chaewon looks at cheongsan smiling, her heart skips a beat.

CHAEWON POV :

Namra and others talk about some predictions of the current situation. We decided to sleep for the night and work on something tomorrow.

I sit on the floor resting my back by the cupboard, I look up to see namra sleeping on the desk and bare su slowly covers his jacket onto her. I smile at his actions.

He notices me and grins awkwardly. Ah that idiot.

All the other people are sleeping except bare su and cheongsan. I see cheongsan standing at the same position he stood earlier after gyeongsu passed away.

So I go near him. "Aren't you asleep?" He questions me and I say that I can't fall asleep.

I notice his hands, they were red and that's when I remember how agressively he punched the cupboard earlier.

I take his hands and examine the wounds. I sigh knowing I can't even apply a freaking ointment onto it.

He looks at me, but I ignore his stares. I slowly go towards where onjo is sleeping and grab a small cloth from the table to clean cheongsan's hand.

"What are you doing?" Cheongsan asks me seeing that I'm cleaning his wound, but I refuse to answer his question.

"Is it painful?" I ask him and look into his eyes.

"No, not at all" he replies.

"Chaewon-ah" he calls out my name gently.

Mmm, I hum

"Chaewon-ah I'm looking for a right time to apologise to you. I'm really sorry I shouldn't have left you like that in the cafeteria. Please forgive me" he says.

I smile at him, I have already forgave him long back. He didn't even realise how many times he saved my life.

"Cheongsan-ah its okay you really didn't realise. Right now what matters me the most is that you are here with me alive" I admit.

He smiles "I'll always protect you"

"No I'll protect you this time. I'll fight with those monsters and protect you at all costs" I say cutely.

"You'll fight?" He grins like a child.

"Ofcourse I do"

"Aigoo" he says and rubs my hair gently.

Trust me everytime he does this, my heart beats faster than a normal rate.

"I miss your mom's chicken" I say

"Lets go and eat after all of this is over " he says and I smile at him.

"Cheongsan can you promise me something" I request

"What is it?" He asks being confused

"let's stay alive together, promise me".

He smiles " I promise "

Both of us sit on the floor, leaning behind the cupboard.

"You can rest your head here" he says and pulls my head onto his shoulder.

My heart is beating goddamn fast!

"Cheongsan-ah I'm scared" I say truthfully

He takes my hands and intervine our fingers.

What a fucking moment!!!

"Don't be, we all will survive, you can meet your mom after we are rescued." He says.

I am amazed like how he knew that I'm thinking about my mom. This is what a connection feels like.

"Now sleep, we'll have a long day tomorrow" he says and I slowly close my eyes and fall asleep.