MOM'S SACRIFICE

I continue to stare at him when he finished saying how much he doesn't hate me. Then I suddenly remember that I've never asked cheongsan out.

I see that cheongsan was about to leave from my side that's when I catch him by wrist only to stop him.

"Wait cheongsan" I call him

He turns to my side so that I can talk to him. Then I pull my name tag and give it over to him in a form of confession. He hesitates a bit, but anyhow takes it.

He doesn't answer me anything but stares at my name tag.

"LEE CHAEWON"

I notice that look on cheongsan's face so that's when I tell him
"Cheongsan, You can fall in love with me later, I'll wait for you" I say these words to him and he nods his head while smiling.

I can never really define what is the relation I share with cheongsan, but whatever it is I know that our bond is very precious to both of us.

*************************************
"Everyone ready?" Suhyeok asks as him and joonyeong were the ones to open the door.

Cheongsan stays beside me, while namra and hyoryeong pair up.

Within a while bare su opens the door and all of us starts guarding ourselves with the carts and pushing the zombies away with the rods and baseball bats.

A zombie was able to catch my hair as I yell in pain, so wujin and cheongsan helps me to get over it.

Likewise namra protects onjo and suhyeok protects namra.

I don't seem to understand what, but I can see Mijin and Joonyeong were arguing about something.

For a moment Joonyeong sits on the ground and climbs the carts to go outside.

"Joonyeong what are you doing" I yell loudly

"Are you crazy?" Mijin shouts at him.

Everyone starts panicking when onjo informed the door is locked.

"Yah Joonyeong why did you do this?" Daesu yells as he cries.

Even I cry too, we just lost another friend.

"Go home. Just make it to home" Joonyeong says while helping us to pust the guarded cart. He cries sadly.

Those are his last words, and the next minute he gets bitten by numerous zombies.

"What to do the door is locked from outside!" Onjo groans loudly.

"Onjo let me try" I say as she replaces my position.

I try my best to open the door but it just won't open. Still I don't lose hope after all we did to survive and scarified everything, we can't just die here.

"Shit are we going to die?" Hyoryeong asks obviously being terrified by the scene.

"No we should survive, lets not make Joonyeong's sacrifice go waste" I say as bare su joins me to help.

And when I was about to open the door for one last time, I see it opening from the outside.

When the door opens, I see my mom there, I was at loss of words not believing what I just saw.

I immediately run towards her, instantly
everyone were able to come outside and bare su closes the door at the right time.

"EOMMA" I say as I hug her and sob harder.

She slowly pulls me out of the hug, and looks at me

"Are you alright? You are not hurt anywhere right? Let me check you" she says as she carefully examines my arms.

She sighs in relief when she realises that I am fine.

Then my mom goes towards namra and caresses her cheek.

"Namra yah" my mom calls her and hugs her.

"Ahjumma" namra says

Even namra slowly cries while engulfing my mom into a warm hug.

After they let go of each other, my mom looks at bare su, noticing that he's fine.

"Suhyeok ah are you alright?" She asks him as he hugs her

"I am fine. Ahjumma we all are very scared" he says to my mom.

My mom reassures him that he'll be fine. My mom has always been a cool mom, she treated Namra and suhyeok like her own kids since they were my bestfriends.

"Eomma" I call her slowly as she looks at me.

"Mianhae. Oppa came here to save me but I just couldn't protect him" I say as I sob harder

She was quick to hold me. I know this is really a bad news for her but still I had to say to her.

"It's all my fault eomma, its my fault" I say and blame my self.

My mom gently wipes my tears
"It isn't your fault, okay? Its isn't your fault chaewon ah. Eomma mianhae. Mom's really sorry." She says.

"Oppa told me to say this to you that he missed you so much." I say to her.

"Nado. Even I missed him, I missed you both. Mom really missed you both. I'm sorry for not being there" my mom says while letting out small tears.

Then she looks at the group, "Are you children okay?" She asks everyone.

And all of them nod. So my mom suggests the plan to run so that we can reach the yangdok mountain.

Everyone agrees as we start running, this time i hold my mom's hand instead of cheongsan's.

We make it to the tennis court stadium but they are many zombies following us.

AUTHOR'S POV :

The kids along with chaewon's mom make way to the tennis court stadium but they were all surrounded by the zombies. When a zombie is about to reach onjo, chaewon's mom helps onjo but instead she gets bitten. No one even realise it.

Chaewon's mom tries her best to distract the zombies, then she finds a way out of the tennis court, that's when she lets all the kids go out first when she realises the zombies are approaching their direction.

When all the kids go out, she locks herself inside. Chaewon seems to notice this.

"Mom what are you doing" chaewon asks being surprised as she bangs the grill door loudly.

"Mom no you can't do this to me" chaewon cries.

That's when everyone notices the bite mark on chaewon's mom's hand.

"Chaewon go" her mom demands.

"Namra take her with you, please" she begs her daughter's bestfriend.

"Mom please don't do this to me" chaewon sobs harder and harder which lets the zombies hear her cries.

"Chaewon ah eomma mianhae, I'll always love you. So please survive" her mom says as the zombies bite her all over her neck.

It was very difficult for chaewon to watch this, realising her mom was no more.

So cheongsan and suhyeok drag chaewon with them.

As soon as they reach the construction site, they find more zombies coming towards them, so namra suggests them to go to the first floor.

Somehow they finally settle at the edge of the cliff.

"Be careful near the edge" cheongsan says to hyoryeong. So daesu pulls hyoryeong to make her sit infront of him.

When all of them finally settle down, thats when chaewon break down. Namra looks at her bestfriend obviously feeling dismal about the loss.

Everyone looks at chaewon with sorrow in their eyes, all of them are extremely thankful to chaewon's mother for her sacrifice at the same time they were grief stricken to see chaewon like this.

Cheongsan comes near chaewon to comfort her, but onjo stops him saying it's not the right time.