Chapter 5

August waits at the grill. He remembers finding out about this place from Caroline. Damon arrives with a smirk. August sends him a look.

"You know, you look really creepy just standing there dressed in black and yellow Bumblebee." Damon licks his dry lips. "I like it." August rolls his eyes, at Damon's announcement and walks into the grill.

"So, what's your newly formed plan about the werewolf family?" August asks with his bored eyes, his usual dead expression on his face.

"How'd you know?" Damon teases. August taps his forehead "read your mind."

"Elena's aunt Jenna went to the high school with Mason one of the werewolves." Damon starts. August nods interested. "So I figured a social gathering would be a great way to get to know the guy." August narrows his eyes "Werewolf barbecue." August hums.

"You plan on trying to get him to reveal he's a werewolf." August deduces.

"Yep. I'm gonna put silver into Mason Lockwood." Damon starts before being interrupted.

"Silver doesn't work Damon, but don't worry I have something that does." August smirks with a dark look in his eyes. Damon wiggles his eyebrows.

"Care to share?" Damon suggests.

August sends him a look "Are you asking me to share a weapon with you?" Damon nods, looking excited about the weapon.

"I don't do sharing." August blandly states, before getting up and leaving the establishment.

............

August arrives at the Gilbert house. He pulls out a small mirror and examines himself. He licks his lips, not liking the crusty look and then knocks on the door. Elena opens it and gasps "August? What are you doing here?"

August reveals his pie, pushing the pastry very close to Elena's face. "I am here undercover and ready to kill." 

Elena sends him a look and looks back to ensure nobody heard that. "August you can't just kill people."

"I have." He replies blandly. "Peach cobbler Jenna's."

"Favorite." Elena finishes.

"How did you know?"

August shrugs, using his free hand to dust non-existent dirt of himself and then taps his head."It was a hunch." Elena shakes her head and let's him in. August finds Damon in the living room.

"Where's Mason?"

"In the kitchen with Jenna"

"That's a problem. How will I poison him now?" August thinks out loud, without realising he had voiced his thoughts in front of Mother Teresa. Elena's head snaps towards him, making a snapping sound that pleases August.

"What?" August shrugs her off, rolling his eyes at the doppelganger's reaction. 

Jenna walks out of the kitchen. She spots August and furrows her eyebrows, not recognizing the new face she's never seen before. "Who is that?" She asks Elena, whispering the question in her niece's ear.

"That's August." Elena introduces him.

"What's he doing here?" Jenna asks. "Are you sure this isn't an interrogation?" August whispers to Damon, who snakes his arm around August's neck.

"He's with me. He's my boyfriend." August sends Damon the side eye, but forces himself to smile as he resist the urge to behead Damon. Thing shakes furiously in August's mini backpack.

_____________________________________

Later: Damon is on the floor as they play pictionary. August watches Thing, who sprinkles powdered wolfsbane into Mason's drink. August smirks but quickly hides it by using his hand to cover the lower half of his face. Damon draws a wolf on the board.

"Dress! Ballerina!" Jenna tries and flows at the drawing.

"Puppy! Puppy in a tutu!" Caroline tries, with confidence evident in her voice.

"No. No." Damon argues.

"A dog! Hound dog!" Jenna counters. August watches surprised. Elena isn't participating for the attention.

"Dancing wolf." August tries with confidence, having heard the answer in Damon's head. August smirks as Damon sends him a look.

"August wins." Damon states, letting out a sigh before he sends August a wink. Damon sits next to August who scoots away from him.

"How is that a wolf?" Elena whispers a question to August. 

"The pointy hair is supposedly the wolf's fur." August whispers his response. Mason takes a sip of his drink and August watches with a dark gleam in his eyes. Mason starts to cough and August smirks. Meanwhile Thing crawls beside August.

"Nicely done Thing." August praises him in a hushed tone, before allowing Thing to retreat into the mini backpack.

"What did you put in his drink?" Damon asks August with a hushed tone. August shrugs and turns away from Damon.

''I have no idea what you are talking about." August replies, while hiding the devious smirk on his face.

Later: August,Caroline and Elena are in the living room together whilst the 'adults' are in the kitchen. Elena checks her phone for the 100th time in the last 5 minutes.

"Would I be the worst friend in the world if I abandoned you guys and went to Stefan's?" Elena asks the two friends. August shrugs not caring about Elena's needs and wants.

"You want to leave?" Caroline asks, a little to alarmed for August's liking. "It's just that he hasn't gotten back to me and I'm starting to get this bad feeling." Elena admits.

"You can be apart for five minutes." August complains, not liking Elena's clingy attitude.

"I don't think that's a good idea, Elena. Take it from me, there's nothing worse than a clingy girlfriend" Caroline offers.

"I'm not being clingy, I'm just concerned. You understand right?" Elena attempts defending herself.

"How about I drive you?" Caroline asks instead.

"Yeah, okay. That'll be great thanks." Elena replies and moves to grab her jacket.

August narrows his eyes at Caroline. Caroline goes to get her car keys, but August grabs her arm and Caroline falls unconscious. He gently rests her down, Caroline has been acting weird all night. He wants to know what's changed. August places his hands on the sides of Caroline's head. His eyes glow yellow as yellow energy emanates from his hand and enters the blonde's mind.

His eyes move rapidly under his eyelids. His eyes snap open as he gasps and pulls away from Caroline. August turns to Elena with a glare. "Who is Katherine Peirce?"