Chapter 25

August makes a disgusted face at the two males walking up to him, Bonnie and Stefan. Now, August isn't a racist or anything, but he cannot stand the two males in front of him. Luka and Jonas Martin. He is particularly hating Jonas, but Luka is his son, so he's also in the red zone. Bonnie had called August over, as he was the team's only magic wielder, at the moment. Bonnie has also informed him, about how Jonas had taken away her magic. August was furious ofcourse. In his short time, of knowing and seeing Bonnie, the girl seemed nice. He still could not understand how Jonas took away her only defence, in Mystic Falls, or as August likes to call it Vamptown.

"Thank you for coming." Stefan tells Jonas.

"I didn't want to."

"Great, so you can leave." August buds in. Stefan gives him a look, but August huffs and makes a face. He puts up his hand, dismissing him.

"But. My son made a case to hear you out." Jonas and Luka sit, August moving his chair closer to Bonnie, and away from the Martins. After last night's fiasco, August couldn't sleep so he went to reading his book about emotions. He was getting better at expressing himself. He could now express anger, annoyance, disgust and mischeviousness.

"Bonnie said that you have information on Elijah." August remains nonchalant, not wanting to express anything in the Martins' presence. He was here as the magic wielder, he could not show weakness.

"Elijah's dead. I'm sorry." Jonas and Luka are both quick to look at Bonnie. Jonas immediately stands up to leave, but Stefan stops him. "Hear me out. We can help you. Please." Stefan sits Jonas and himself down.

"We know that Klaus has your daughter." Bonnie starts, Jonas looks over to Luka. "Sorry about the way I got that information." Luka looks away from Bonnie. "but it's good that we know. We can all work together to get her back."

"How?" Luka questions.

"Yeah. How? I'm not a teamwork makes the dreamwork kind of guy Bonnie." August speaks up, chugging down some of his coffee.

"I suspect you and Elijah had a plan to kill Klaus." Stefan comments, Luka making a face at him. "Let us help you carry it out." Jonas looks down, considering. "You can trust us. I give you my word. We all do."

"I don't. And why are you acting like Elijah? 'I give you my word'." August makes a face as he mocks Stefan. Bonnie makes a confused face, Caroline told her August was crushing on Stefan, that isn't the way you speak to your crush. "Caroline and I will need to chat. She wasn't supposed to share that kind of information with anyone."
.......................................

"I'm sorry, okay, but right now we need to focus on what we're eating tonight." Caroline smiles. "Chinese food or pizza?" August makes a face. Elena walks away from the counter and to the cabinet behind her.

"Both delicious options, but pizza for sure." He states. Caroline's smile widens as she pulls her tablet out of her hand bag, but freezes staring at the screen. August looks over at the wallpaper photo of her and Matt, in what August assumes is a pageant. "Things like love and crushes always get better. Atleast, according to the romance novel I'm reading." Bonnie takes the tablet from her.

"I'll do it." Bonnie states. Caroline turns to August and grins. He sends her a look.

"Don't even--"

"I'll be borrowing that romance novel." Elena walks back over to the counter, placing drirnking glasses on the counter.

"Do you think that Jonas was sincere?" The doppelganger questions.

"I don't know what to believe." Bonnie answers. Elena turns to August who slaps a mosquito away from him. "I think he's at a loss. He's not sure who to trust."

"What do you think?"

"Are you asking me?" August makes a face of disbelief.

"Yeah. You are the mind reader."

"Bonnie's right. He doesn't know who to trust, but he knows you're the best bet." He gestures to Bonnie and Elena.

"Enough talk about troubles and worries. What are we going to do about this movie situation?" Bonnie briefly looks up from the tablet and gives Caroline a look. "What about the notebook?" Caroline smiles, whilst August scoffs.

"Too corny."

"Besides, how many times have you seen that movie?" Elena interrogates, with a smile and a tone that seems like she's chuckling.

"That is so not the point."

"Well, yeah. I mean--" Jenna walks into the kitchen resting her bag down and looking over the teens. "Hey." Elena greets her, dragging out the word.

"What's going on?"

"Girls' night." Jenna looks at August then Elena again. "He counts as female." Jenna makes a face, scrunching her mouth a little.

"Oh."

"How are you doing?"

"You heard about my fight with Ric." Jenna deduces.

"He feels terrible."

"Is this some kind of disguised attempt to cheer me up?"

"No, no, this is about us girls and the gay hanging out. And, you know, we'll be here if you happen to want to talk, or...."

"Because, I am a winner when it comes to successful relationships." August accidently coughs.

"Matt" August coughs out, as Jenna looks at Caroline.

"You to?"

"You have no idea." Jenna smiles, and moves off the table she was leaning on and walks over the the counter where the girls and August are.

"Okay, then." Elena smiles and Jenna moves over to the fridge. "This whole Isobel thing. He's hiding something from me." Jenna lets out a breath.

"To play devil's advocate, maybe there is a great reason why he's not telling you." Caroline states and August hums.

"That's always the case. You know he's trying to protect you. The old classic one." August adds on.

"Well, that's not his call to make. I mean, I deserve the truth. Everybody does."

"Sometimes it's harder than that." Caroline argues.

"Not if it's somebody you care about, it isn't." Jenna remains strong in her arguement.

"You know what we need?" Everyone turns to Caroline, their interest peaked. "Dancing. There is a band at the Grill." Caroline smiles.

"I'm in." Bonnie agrees.

"In." Jenna adds on.

"In." Elena also agrees. The girls turn to August, who is picking at his nails.

"Yeah, I'm in." Caroline claps happily, while August makes a face of disgust at his battered nails. "I really need to reapply polish. My girlies look like they've been through world war II."