Chapter 14

Elena walks into the main room drinking a cup of water, as Rose wipes a few strands of hair from August's face. Rose had placed August up against a wall as his wound was slowly healing. Rose also had to pull the glass shards out of August's neck. Elena lets out a small breath and then takes a deep one. Trying to prepare herself for what's to come. She then turns only to let out a gasp. Damon had snuck up on her, and he was giving her an annoyed look.

"Hello, Elena." Damon greets her with a cold tone. "What do you think you're doing?"

"What are you doing here?" Elena asks, genuinely shocked. Elena angrily turns to Rose. "You called him?!" Elena scolds Rose.

"Urm, yeah. You've already lost your damn mind. Attacking August? Ofcourse I called him." Rose argues. Damon turns to her.

"She attacked who?" Damon asks angrily. Rose merely points towards August's body. Damon speeds towards August and touches his face. August's magic bursts from him and sends everyone flying into the nearest wall to them, as August's eyes snap out. Damon groans as he gets up. "I'll never be used to that."

"It's your fault for touching me." August says, his regular nonchalant expression present. August walks up to Elena, who is trying to stand up. August slaps her and then kicks her in the stomach. "I believe in gender equality and all, but attack me again and I'll kill you." August states not a single expression on his face.

''Now, let's go. We're leaving." August announces.

"No." Elena argues, still attempting to stand.

"I said we're leaving."

"I'm not going with you." Elena announces as she puffs her chest out.

"You do know I can wave my hand and make you my puppet right." August states, giving Elena a glare that would put her in her grave if looks could kill. Alice drops a flower pot next to her, making August turn to her. "Oh right. We have to take care of her."
................

"Alice is soundly sleeping and won't remember a moment of this horribly stupid day." Rose states as she walks into the main room. 

"Then it's time to go." Damon suggests. Suddenly, the front door bursts open and three men waltz into the room. Damon and August turn their heads to them.

"We're here to meet the doppelganger." One of them states.

"Thank you for coming." Elena comments, as she attempts to walk forward, but August sends a blast her way, which knocks her into a wall, and therefore knocks her out. August holds his hands out beside him, summoning his yellow energy in his palms, in case he has to use them.

"There's nothing her for you.'' Damon announces, with a growl. The man in the back suddenly drops dead on the floor. Elijah reveals himself standing behind the men. The other two vampires turn around to him. Elijah vampp-speeds closer to them, and looks between them deciding which one to kill first. He kills one, then pulls the other one closer to him.

"You took your time." August comments, as he pulls his powers back, and checks his nails. His black polish looked horrible, with bits of it already off. August makes a disgusted face at the nails.

"Fashionably late." Elijah counters, with a shrug.

"Woah... wait, what?" Damon asks. "You're with him." Damon asks shrugging at Elijah. August turns to Damon with his usual dead face.

"I merely sensed his presence." August informs Damon. "No one's together." August sends Elijah a small smile, who returns it, the interaction not going unnoticed by Rose. Elijah turns to the vampire, in his grasp.

"Who are you?" He asks.

"Who are you?" The vampire fires back the question.

"Elijah."

"We were going to bring her to you, for Klaus. She's the doppelganger. I don't know how she exists, but she does. Klaus will want to see her."

"Does anyone else know you're here?" Elijah asks him.

"No.'' The vampire answers.

"Idiot, you should have said yes." August mutters.

"Well, then, you have been incredibly helpful." Elijah plunges his hand into the vampire's chest. The vampire grunts as Elijah pulls out his heart, then falls to the ground dead. "Now, I suggest you get her out of here, before more come." Elijah adds as he and August share a look.
.................................

"Thanks for showing up." August thanks Elijah.

"Well, how could I not show up, when you appeared to me in a dream, asking to rescue you a damsel in distress." Elijah counters.

"Don't flatter yourself." August announces, with a little shake of his head.

"It was worth the try." Elijah smiles. Damon blows his car horn, as Rose had left with Elena. August rolls his eyes, as he turns around and glares at Damon before turning back to Elijah.

"I should probably go." Elijah nods. August walks over to Damon's car and gets inside.

"So... are you two dating?"