Chapter 30

August stands outside the house where the witches were burnt. The house is giving him bad vibes, so he decides to stay outside. Jeremy takes Bonnie's body inside the house, Damon closes the trunk of his car and gets back inside his car and looks at August typing away on his phone with a nonchalant expression on his face.

"So Bumblebee. We're alone and it's dark."

"And?" He questions still looking down into his phone with a dead look.

"I'm taking you to my place." Damon states confidently, a smirk forming on his face.

"Actually, you're taking me home. I have business to take care of." Damon frowns a bit but doesn't let August see it, as he starts the car. Planning on taking him to the salvatore house whether he wanted to go there or not.
.............

Damon does end up taking August home. He knew the guy could be scary but when he threatened to cut off fingers, feed his fingers to himself and take himself home. Damon knew he was serious. Not to mention the deadly look he gave to him as he said it. He is about to walk in his house, but finds Caroline waiting for him on the porch. He gives her a look, and she smiles.

"Why didn't you knock. Thing would've opened the door for you." He gives Caroline a look of confusion. "He likes you." He scoffs slightly "Maybe even more than he likes me."

"I know. I was waiting for you."

"I appreciate it, but please. Never wait in the cold for me." Caroline playfully rolls her eyes and chuckles.

"You're my best friend." August gives her a small warm smile at the official title. "Besides, I need you to fill me in on everything that happened tonight." He lets out a little chuckle.

"I suppose little old Caroline had a little too much fun on the dance floor to worry about Klaus?" He teases with a sly smirk. Caroline playfully gives him a nudge, as he chuckles and opens the front door. "Sleepover?"

"Sleepover." Caroline nods, agreeing with him as Caroline enters the house with August following. August looks back at the door, and smiles. Then waves his hand behind his back making the door closes.
...............

August wakes up with Caroline beside him. An empty bottle of wine between them. He holds his hair and shakes it, as the hangover pain vanishes. He gets up and goes into the bathroom and starts brushing his teeth. He walks out of the bathroom and Caroline enters rubbing her eyes as August walks into his library. Thing is laying on top of a pile of books. August lifts the hand and gently rests him onto the table as he sits and opens the first book on the pile.

"August, I'm going home!" He hums, acknowledging Caroline. The sound of the door closing and the silence of the house echoes to his ears. He looks over the page and flips it. He repeats the process before slamming the book shut. That one was useless. The process repeats itself two more times before August actually finds information about Milo. He reads over the page.

Milo Addams born July 12th of 1473 was born to nobel rich parents Cassandra and Michael Addams. Born a descendant of powerful witch Goody, Milo had a natural affinity for magic. He had a close relationship with the doppelganger Katerina Petrova. However, it seems history had repeated itself and the Addams curse had claimed its next victim. Upon meeting the doppelganger, tragedy followed Milo like his shadow. He lost his parents and daughter to the original vampire Klaus. This was a strike of revenge towards Katerina who saw the Addams as her second family. He had also died a horrible death, being mauled by a werewolf.

August doesn't move his eyes from the page. Triple reading it. Making sure he isn't hallucinating. Addams curse? That was new. After meeting a doppelganger. He had met Elena. If the "curse" were real, that would mean he is its next victim. He scoffs. Tragedy. He's never experienced such a feeling before. He was sure he could handle it. Though, the book intrigued him. So he read through the rest of it.