Chapter 13

August rubs Alice's back as his eyes glow yellow, calming down the frantically sad girl. He was only doing it because Rose had requested it. Alice was borderline crazy and there was no way of them getting information out of her, while she's like this. However, August was also viewing her memories of the past hour. August gets up and heads into another room; where Rose is sipping tea and Elena is pouring herself a cup. August takes the cup and sips it. Elena sends him a side glance; resulting in a scoff leaving August's lips.

"She found him a few minutes before we did." August confesses, and brushes a few strands of hair away from his eyes.

"How is she?" Elena asks, looking up the new cup she was filling.

"Overreacting."

"Big time." Rose adds onto August's statement.

"Her boyfriend just died. There's no such thing as overreacting." Elena argues.

"Those tears are for her. She didn't care about Slater." Rose announces, as Elena looks at her curiously and confused. "She was only dating him long enough to see if he'd turn her." Rose also confesses.

"It's true. You would be suprised at the amount of secrets I can find with a simple glance." August darkly chuckles and takes another sip of his tea. Elena grabs the cup of tea, and walks out of the room and towards Alice. Elena then hands the cup to Alice.

"Thank you." Alice takes the cup of tea as Elena sits down beside her. Alice then examines Elena with a sense of familiarity. "You look really familiar." Alice reveals. "Did you know Slater?" Alice asks, her head shaking as she speaks.

"Not personally, no." Elena responds. "I just knew that he kept detailed records of all his vampire contacts and I was hoping he could point me towards Klaus." Elena reveals.

"Doubtful." Alice announces. "Klaus doesn't wanna be pointed out." She offers.

"Do you know Slater's computer password?" Elena asks, suddenly forgetting about her act of caring for Alice. August wishes he had left her to die with Trevor. It would seem Alice also wasn't happy about Elena's lack of sympathy.

"Are you seriously asking me that, right now?" Alice questions. "I just saw my boyfriend with a stake through his heart." Alice states, trying to make Elena feel bad for her again.

"I understand that." Elena concurs. "Do you know his password?" Elena asks again. Alice shakes her head.

"Who do you think you are?" Alice questions, as she turns her head away from Elena. August sighs out of boredom. Elena lets out a breath and looks at August for help. 

"Who does she think she is?" August scoffs, reciting Alice's earlier words in a different way. August walks up to Elena and pulls her up and away from Alice. "If all you wanted was to get into the computer you should have just asked."
..........................

August sits in front of the computer and hovers his hand above the computer's keyboard. He humans and allows electricity to flow out of his hand and into the computer. The computer makes a beep sound as it opens. He then moves his hand along the keyboard and searches for vampire records.

"Someone's been here." August states, his voice sounding almost like a whisper. " The hard drive's completely wiped out." August points out, a little disappointed in his findings. A notification pops up on the screen. "Your in luck Elena. The man was paranoid he backuped everything." The computer then proceeds to enter the password itself. August scoffs at the password.

"Kristen Stewart? Not even Nikki Reed or Kellan Lutz?'' August questions. "I swear Nikki could make me as straight as a line." August mutters. Rose chuckles, having heard the muttering with her hearing.

"These are all leads to vampires?" Elena asks.

"Slater was obsessed." Rose comments.

"Almost as much as that crazed bitch over there." August chuckles darkly.

"What about that one? Cody Webber." Rose's accent evident when she says Webber. "They exchanged dozens of e-mails about Elijah."

"Probably because Elijah is hot, and they were trying to find a way to sleep with him.'' August smirks, at Rose's disgusted expression. "I feel like I should call him." August debates.

"Tell him we're trying to send a message to Klaus." Elena states. August turns to her.

"Bitch, are you crazy?" August asks Elena, before cringing. "Oh my, I'm starting to care about people." August shakes his head. "Sorry but, no." August tells her.

"It's fine." Elena grabs August's tea cup and smacks him in the back of the head with the cup, allowing blood to seep out of the wounds, created by the cup's shards.