Chapter 18

August stands in the kitchen of the Salvatore house. He is currently leaning on the kitchen counter and has his finger tightly gripping the mug of coffee in his hands. He is currently thinking of how to cure or at the very least help Rose. Thing taps his left foot and pulls him down to the basement. Rose sits on the ground, surrounded by empty blood bags. She turns to August, as she devours a bag of blood. She drops the blood bag and speeds into August's face and examines him.

"Milo?" The confused vampire questions. August shakes his head.

"My name's August" His energy rushes into Rose's body making her eyes glow yellow. Rose blinks and her eyes return to their normal green.

"Why am I down here?"

"It's a long story."
..............................................

August rests his palm against Rose's forehead, before flipping it to the next side and sighing. He sends her a smile and then proceeds to pull the bed covers over her. Rose sighs and closes her eyes.

"I thought you didn't care for people."

"I merely find most things in life unbearable. You however, are tolerable." August responds. "You probably never expected your final moments to be like this."

"I always thought I would live long enough the see the end of the world."

"You should rest."

"August, I'm scared." Rose admits.

"I know."

"I wanna go home." Rose states, with tears gathering in her eyes, making them shine as the chandelier shines down on her. August manages a small, forced smile and caresses her hand.

"Tell me about your home." August tells her.

"St Austell. Thirty kilometers south of London." Rose let's out a sigh and closes her eyes. "All fields and trees and horses." She describes with her voice getting silent with every word. August hums the tone of his childhood lullaby 'Isn't It Love', as he uses his powers to put Rose to sleep, allowing her to relive her happy memories in the form of dreams. August sighs and let's tears fall down his face, the droplets of liquid falling onto the bed sheets.

"Oh, Rose. You don't know how much I want to heal you." He whispers. He closes his eyes and kisses her hand, not noticing his energy seep into the vampire's body.
.............................

At night, Damon enters his house. He closes the door behind him and immediately thinks something's wrong. The house is incredibly quiet. He speeds up the stairs and quickly enters his room. Rose peacefully sleeps as August sleeps beside her, in the room chair. Damon lightly shakes the demonic witch awake.

"What do you want?" August asks, half awake and half asleep. He rubs the haze of sleep from his eyes and looks out the window. "It's night already?"

"I'm suprised I wasn't blasted across the room. How long have you been asleep for?"

"I'm not sure." August answers with his nonchalantly face present.

"Is she dead?" Damon asks, nodding towards Rose.

"I'm not sure." August says, annoyed he repeated himself. Damon was a vampire shouldn't he be able to tell if she's dead. August touches her hand. "It's warm and I can feel a pulse." Rose examines her and notices she looks healthy, her previously pale skin is now tanned. August shakes the vampire awake.

"What happened?" She asks, waking up alarmed.

"Rose? How do you feel?" Damon asks her, Jules said she was supposed to be delirious and weak.

"I feel normal."

"Let me see your wound." August states. Rose turns around and shows her completely healed back. Damon and August share a look.

"What's wrong?"

"It's quite the opposite. Rose... you're healed." August admits.

"I thought a werewolves' bite was fatal to a vampire." Rose states.

"It is. Which is why this doesn't make sense."

"Earlier today, her wound wasn't healing." Damon tells August, who grabs a hold of Rose's hand. He throws his head back as his eyes widen.
...................................

August's energy rushes through Rose's body and quickly finds it's destination. The energy quickly pulls tissues and skin together and successful heals Rose's wound. The energy then proceeds to rush through the vampire's body and destroy every single trace of werewolf venom within her body.
......................................

August wakes up in Damon's bed. Rose and Damon were watching him sleep. August scoffs and sits up, Rose sends him a concerned look.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes. Turns out I unconsciously healed you." He tells her.

"That explains everything." Damon states with a tone.