Chapter 10

August and Damon had given Wednesday a ride home and that was....something. Morticia had thought Damon was August's boyfriend and Wednesday had sweetened the pot by saying August cuddled into Damon, which resulted in August screaming in anger and using his powers to destroy his old bedroom. Damon and August are now on their way back to Mystic Falls.

...............

Damon had dropped August home as August had said 'he was tired'. He could sense something was going to happen tonight but he didn't care. He did not want to be apart of it. He just wants alone time. Wait.

"Thing? Thing where are you?" August asks the darkness of his house. Caroline walks out of the shadows with thing and the moonstone. August sends the two a look.

"Thing was lonely, so I kept him company while you were gone." Caroline states with a shrug. August sighs and slumps to the ground. He is tired from all the staring at the road and using that much power out of anger.

"Curse you Damon." August mutters. Thing jumps off Caroline shoulder and crawls towards August. He tugs his shirt and starts dragging him to his room. Caroline chuckles at the exchange as August huffs and crosses his arms over his shoulder. Caroline opens August's room door as Thing continues dragging August. "Don't you have that Ball to get to?" August reminds Caroline, having read her mind. She curses and leaves. Thing stops dragging August as they arrive at his bed. August get up and gets into bed.

Thing crawls up the wardrobe beside August's bed and jumps onto the bed. Thing pulls the sheet over August who sighs in relief. He was home and he was going to enjoy the silence that bounces off the walls of his house.

...............

Caroline and Bonnie barge into August's room. Caroline proceeds to open the curtains and allows the sunlight to invade August room. August hisses at the heat and rolls out of bed. He proceeds to lay in the shadow of his bed.

"August. August!" Bonnie nudges him. August opens his eyes and glares at Bonnie.

"It's 2 in the afternoon, why are you bothering me?" August rubs his eyes attempting to wipe away sleep's haze.

"Elena's been kidnapped." Bonnie informs August.

"Yay!" August states before he starts smiling. Everyone should be happy. There won't be anymore unneccesary whining.

"No. Not yay. This is bad." Caroline scolds him. "Stefan and Damon are on their way to save her." Caroline mentions.

"No!" August blurts out. Stefan could get hurt and Elena will be back to be whining again. August groans seeing the look on Bonnie and Caroline's faces. "Let me shower first."

................

"The kidnappers atleast have some taste." August comments looking at the pillars of the house. It honestly looked like a greek building. August freezes. A feeling washes over him. August feels as if he has been dropped into a frozen lake. August falls back as his eyes glow their bright yellow. His energy appears in his hands going haywire. The energy swirls furiously in his hand afraid of something.Stefan kneels to August's level and shakes him.

"Hey, August wake up." Stefan continues shaking him. "Wake up."

"We don't have time for this." Damon comments as he kneels and slaps August.  August's yellow energy blasts Damon into a tree as August wakes up from the trance. He coughs and takes in deep breaths. He turns to Damon.

"I will have you know that was my magic's defensive reflex." August shrugs as Damon groans and stands up.

"What was that just now?" Stefan asks.

"There's someone dark, someone ancient and powerful inside there." August points at the builidng. He shivers. "My powers have never acted that way before." August admits. 

"I guess we have to gear up." Damon states as he opens the car's trunk.

................

August and the Salvatore brothers jump into a window on the highest floor. The window that they jumped through breaks making a loud noise.

"Way to go guys." August sarcasticly comments. Damon hands him a vervain grenade. The salvatores leave August in the attic as they speed around the main lobby to lure the powerful vampire. "Up here." August calls from up the stairs.

"Down here." Damon adds. August fires the stake gun thing and it pierces Elijah's hand. Elijah pulls the stake out of his hand and it heals instantly. August uses his telekinesis to lift Elena into the attic. He puts a finger over his lip signaling Elena to stay quiet and hands Elena the vervain grenade. He looks into Elena's eyes and telepathically tells her what to do with it. His presses his index finger against his temple to make Elena invisible to Elijah. He uses his other hand to lowers Elena to Stefan. 

"Excuse me." Elijah calls out to gain their attention. "To whome it may concern, you're making a grave mistake if you think you can beat me. You can't. Do you hear that?" Elijah asks. August rolls his eyes. This vampire sure was full of himself. He breaks a wooden rack into a stake and turns it around in his hand. "I repeat, you can not beat me." Elijah warns them again. "So, I want the girl. I'm gonna count to three or heads will roll. Do we understand each other?" August moves his finger away from his temple to reveal Elena behind Elijah.

"I'll come with you, just please don't. My friends they just wanted to help me out." Elena tells Elijah. 

"What game are you playing with me?" Elijah asks Elena who swallows a little. She throws the vervain grenade in his face and it explodes. His skin burns but heals immediately. He goes towards Elena but August uses his telekinesis to lift her back into the attic as Stefan shoot Elijah with an compressed air weapon. Elijah gives Stefan an annoyed look and steps back to attack. August jumps out of the attic and throws his hands out. A ball of psionic energy blasts Elijah down the stairs. Elijah gets up and turns and glares at August. August uses his powers and lifts the broken piece of wooden rack and stabs Elijah with it. Elijah drops to the ground as August sighs.

"So, this is how you take down an original vampire?"