Chapter 12

August steps into the confines of his house and sighs. The house is quiet... wait what. August franticly starts looking around for Thing. August steps into his room to be met with the sight of Thing on his phone typing away. August honestly doesn't care. The phone dings and Thing drags the device to August. He picks up Thing and the phone and reads the messages. August glares at the disembodied hand. Thing had invited the Addams family to a dinner date 3 days from now.
..........................

Bonnie glances around August's room. The walls are painted pitch black and dark blue curtains adorned his windows. He has a huge king size bed and a huge flat screen TV on the wall in front of the bed. Thing is laying down on a smaller pillow beside the main pillow. He pulls the moonstone out of a drawer of his wadrobe. He hands it to Bonnie.

"I want you to remove all magic from the moonstone and then return it. Okay Bennet?" August states. Bonnie nods and looks at him curious.

"Why can't you do it?" Bonnie questions him.

"I don't know that kind of spell." August admits. "My family don't really dive into the whole magical witch journey so we don't have grimoires." August shrugs.

"Doesn't it bug you to know that you'll never understand a part of your heritage?" Bonnie asks.

"It does." August admits. "But, I distract myself with learning control of my other powers." He tells Bonnie as he grabs a jacket, he picks up Thing and gently lets the hand slide down into his small backpack and leaves the house with Bonnie.
......................

August waits in the grill for breakfast. He orders a stack of waffles and Matt leaves him to be at his table. Caroline walks into the grill and spots August. She walks towards him and sits in front of him. August merely looks up at her.

"Why are you here?" August asks her, not liking the fact that his 'lonely' peace was being interrupted.

"I want to know more about werewolves. Damon said you had some knowledge and even knew how to weaken a werewolf." Caroline rushes out. August hums, masking his annoyance. Damon didn't have to tell her he knew how to deal with a werewolf.

"What do you want to know?" August asks her, his dead eyes staring into her soul.

"Is there a way to stop a werewolf from transforming during a full moon?"

"No. The moon's hold on werewolves is to powerful." Caroline sighs disappointed. She gets up and leaves just as Matt arrives with August's waffles.
.......................

After leaving the grill, August returns home. He is about to unlock his house door when Elena pops up behind him. Thing crawls onto August's shoulder and points his index finger at Elena. August turns around, his demeanor remaining the same.

"What are you doing here?"

"I need your help." Elena states.
................

August cuts the engine to his car as he parks outside this 'Slater' person's apartment building. Elena shuffles across the back seat to look out the window and up at the building. She sat in the back due to August wanting Rose in the passenger's seat. Elena is quick to climb out of the car.

"Why do you put up with her?" Rose asks August.

"I don't. I just came along because staying home was boring." August tells Rose, who chuckles at the response. They both climb out of the car and follow Elena.
.....................

Inside, Elena and August follow Rose up the staircase to the apartment they wanted. The building is weirdly spacious weirdly and suspiciously empty. August likes quiet, but not this kind of quiet. The white walls are staring at him with the wilky eyes, August shudders and quickly walks pass Elena and gets behind Rose. Rose bangs her fist on the door while August stands nearby with Elena.

"Slater?! Slater, it's Rose. Open up." Rose shouts. After a brief moment, Rose turns to August and Elena. "He's not home, sorry."

"Oh, he's home, he's just dead." August informs Rose. He then stands in front of the door. He created a ball of psionic energy and blasts the doors open. August turns to the two ladies and gestures inside. "After you."

"Why are we going inside if Slater's dead?" Rose asks.

"Because, someone is inside." August walks inside and turns to the corpse. "Ooh, whoever killed him knew what they were doing." A wooden chair leg is stuck in Slater's chest. Rose stares down at the body shocked, while Elena turns around and gives August a look. Rose lets out a breath and walks over to Slater's body and drags it away. Elena turns and walks over to Slater's computer desk. She then picks up and examines a small pile of papers.

"Looks like whoever blew up the coffee shop found him and killed him for his information." Elena comments. August sits on the nearby stairs as Rose walks up to Elena and watches as she shuffles through the papers.

"Yeah, probably to stop him from helping people like us." Rose points out. "The guy was a vampire almanac. Knowing too much information just bit him in the ass." Rose looks around. Elena picks up a framed picture. Rose walks over to the curtains and opens them. The new flash of light makes Elena blink.

"What are you?"

"Tempered glass. UV rays can't penetrate." Rose sighs as she stares out the window. :I used to just come here and watch the day." Elena looks down at the picture.

"I'm sorry about Slater." Elena offers. 

"Um... have you guys forgotten about the person inside this apartment." August reminds them. He gets up and walks to the huge doors. He walks down the hall and grabs a girl and throws her out into the main room, where Elena and Rose are. Rose looks down at the girl. 

"Alice?" Rose frowns down at the girl, who gets up and hugs her.

"Rose." Alice calls her name as relief floods through her. "He's dead." Alice cries. August rolls his eyes as Rose simply hugs Alice.