Chapter 31

August opens his eyes. Waking from a dreamless slumber. He feels a pain in his neck, and sits up tilting his neck to the left. Then right. His neck making a pop sound, as he smiles of satisfaction. He looks down at the book. He had fell asleep reading it. It was really...informative. Apparently his family or more specifically he was "cursed". It's a good thing his ancestors wrote down everything. However, the origin of the curse remains a mystery. August throws the covers off of himself and gets out of bed. Completing his daily hygiene tasks.
........................

August walks down his stairs. His stomach makes a sound, signifying his hunger. He goes to open the door, and finds Elijah standing on his porch. August's expression remains neutral and unfazed. Elijah walks up to him a smile forming on his face.

"A little birdie came to me in a dream." August hums as he looks over Elijah.

"What did the bird tell you?"

"That you look as stunning as always." Elijah picks up August's hand and kisses it. "And that you were worried about me."

"Both of which are true." August admits, though a little flustered, he refuses to show it.  Elijah smiles, and steps aside for August to exit his house. He exits and Thing crawls out behind him and secretly crawls up his legs and into his backpack. August turns around and locks his door. He then turns to Elijah. "So, who removed the dagger?"

"Elena. That doppelganger is truly a...mystery. To me." August hums a little uninterested in their current Elena talk. "She has somehow managed to find her way striking another deal with me. She's got spunk."

"Accompany me to brunch?" Elijah hums and nods.

"Ofcourse. Though, I must be somewhere before dark." August turns and gives him a smirk.

"This won't be long."
..........................

August sits in the Mystic Grill. Elijah sitting across from him. Thing crawls around inside August's backpack, doing god knows what. August is currently eating a platter of waffles, dripping with syrup with strawberries on top. He has manners. He eats properly in front of Elijah. Who happens to be watching him eat with a smile.

"So." August stops to chew the rest of his food, then he swallows. "The sun and moon curse is fake?" Elijah nods. "And the real curse is locking away Klaus' werewolf aspects?" Elijah hums in amusement. "Just when I thought he couldn't get anymore troublesome." August comments with a calm tone.

"You're not afraid?" August gives Elijah a look, making the original vampire smile. "That's what I like about you." 

"There is no logical reason to fear someone I haven't met." August answers. "Besides, I'm a dangerous force myself." August comments, with a smirk on his face. Elijah nods looking into August's eyes.

"That much is true."
.................................

August locks his car as he walks up to his house door. Elijah following close behind. August walks onto his porch and turns to Elijah, who stands on the first step up. He gives Elijah a small smile. Thing crawls out of August's bag, dragging the keys with him. He crawls up the door with two fingers, while holding the key with his other three.

"Thanks for accompanying me today."

"Ofcourse." Elijah walks up a step, towering over August a bit. "And I'd do it again if you ask." August smiles and hums, looking down a bit. He looks up at the sky.

"The sun's setting. Don't you have to be somewhere?"

"It can wait." August walks closer to Elijah, and gives him a kiss on the cheek.

"Tell anyone that happened and I will kill you. Slowly and panifully." Elijah chuckles as he looks at August.

"I wouldn't dream of it."
....................................

August places the book about the Addams' curse on its book shelf. Thing dusts the library desk, as August sighs. He picks up Thing and leaves the library room. He closes the door and walks to his bedroom. He waves his free hand through the air, his yellow energy appearing in his hand and on the door, which opens itself. He walks into the room and closes the door, his yellow energy surrounding the door as it closes itself. He walks over to his bed and lays down, resting Thing beside him on the bed. Thing makes a few signs with his fingers making August scoff.

"So what if I like Elijah a little." Thing makes some more signs. "Okay. Maybe I like him more than a little." Thing makes signs and August gasps, grabbing his pillow and gently attacks Thing with it. "I think you've been around Caroline too much. You're starting to act like her." August chuckles as Thing crawls onto August's chest and lays there, as August rests his pillow back and lays back onto it. "Speaking of. I should probably call her. August picks up his phone from his wardrobe and calls Caroline. The line goes to voicemail. August makes a face of boredom but also worry. He rests down his phone and sighs. Staring at his ceiling. He then closes his eyes. Falling into the dimension of dreams.