Part 33

I am still lost. I have no idea where she is taking me or what her plan is but for some reason that is the least of my worries. My only thoughts right now are thinking about Jake. He must be home and notified by now as it has been a couple hours. I can't imagine his fear he must be feeling, coming back and me being gone again. The thought brings tears to my eyes and I try to hide the small sniffles trying to escape me. 

     My mother looks back at me and frowns. "Oh shush with the crying already. I already told you that you would see your mate again. Well as long as everything goes to plan you should." She shrugs her shoulders and goes back to paying full attention to the road. 

     "And what exactly is the plan here?" I ask, all the previous times she refused to answer or just said we are getting what we deserve. Whatever that means. 

     "I suppose I can tell you now," she sighs, "we are going to kill your father." 

     The admission and casual tone she takes while saying this take me by surprise and I feel my body freeze. "I'm sure you want me to go into more detail and lay out your dear mother's amazing plan. So I will. Right now we are heading to their territory we will obviously be stopped by the guards when we get to the border. They will bring us to my deadbeat mate. He will obviously be entirely shocked to see me. We will use this to surprise him, bring him closer to me, from there you will attack and stab him," she reaches under the seat with one hand keeping the other on the wheel, she fetches out something wrapped in cloth and tosses it on my lap, "with that." 

     I don't know what to do. I knew my mother was crazy but not so crazy that she plans out an entire murder! There is noway she thinks this will work he'll have guards around and even if we can get passed them it is almost entirely impossible for mates to cause harm on each other. How do I get out of this? I need to reach Jake somehow. 

     "I can tell you are over thinking this darling. No need to worry yourself you will do great! All you need to do is hold a firm grasp on that dagger and swing. Easy peasy." She says with a smile across her face. Okay, now I really need to get out of here. 

Jake's P.O.V. 

     I hear loud footsteps coming from my right and see one of my warriors running towards me. "Did you find something Kevin?" I ask him, feeling drained with sheer adrenaline and worry for my mate keeping me going. In the past 2 hours we scoped out the territory and called our neighboring ones, I have my trackers trying to catch a lead, and anything else that can possibly help me find her. 

     "As a matter of fact we actually have Alpha Jake, the prisoner left this note, we found it under her bed in the prison an-" before he can finish though I have ripped the paper out of his hand and am half way through unfolding it. 

Dear Alpha

I am sure you are going crazy looking for our precious Juliet. And by the time you find the note it should be perfect timing. We are far enough away you won't be able to stop my plan but close enough to make it in time to see her in action! I am sure you don't want to miss your mate making her first kill. Meet us at her old pack and you can take her home after. 

     I am off sprinting, shifting into my wolf mid stride and calling my warriors to follow behind me. What are her plans with my dear Juliet. Juliet is too gentle and fragile to have someones blood on her hands, it would absolutely wreck her. My her constricts in my chest at the thought of my mate feeling this way. I need to get there in time to stop whatever this horrible plan is.