Birthday

I wake up the next morning with a frown on my face. I feel like today is some important day. I rack my brain trying to figure out what it is. "Get down here you mutt! Just because it's your birthday doesn't mean you can sleep in!" I hear my father scream at me.

     I start getting out of bed not really paying attention to what he just said. Wait! It's my birthday! I scream in my head. I am turning seventeen. I will be able to find my mate now. Then I will be able to feel the pain of rejection.

     I climb down the stairs and see my father and brother in the living room pacing back and forth. I stand there watching them for a bit, but then I get dizzy.

     I try walking quietly to the kitchen so they won't notice me, but that doesn't work too well. As soon as I take a step both their heads snap towards me. "Juliet I need you to pretend as if we have never laid a hand on you ever in your life." My father says. I tilt my head in confusion. "Alpha Jake is coming with his warriors because word got out that we have been abusing one of the 'omegas' a.k.a you." My brother finishes for my father. Wait, did he say, Alpha Jake, as in the Alpha Jake? He is supposedly ruthless and terrible, why would he care if my father was breaking the rules.

"So you need to go and cover up as much of the bruises and scars as possible and change into your best clothes. We are going to meet at the clearing in the middle of our land and his in thirty minutes. You won't talk. Not that, that should be hard for you." He pauses and smirks, finding his own joke hilarious. "You will stand by us like you used to normally." My father tells me, anger swirling in his eyes.

     I walk upstairs again and change into the best outfit I have. That is a pair of skinny jeans that I only wear when we have other alphas over for dinner and I pretend everything is normal. It also consists of a loose white blouse. I grab the only pair of shoes I have and slip them on. They are old and ripped, but I have no better option.

    I head into the bathroom and grab my foundation and try to hide as much of the bruises and scars as possible. After that I brush out my straight long black hair, and look at my reflection in the mirror. As soon as I see my emerald green eyes I flinch. I just can't stand seeing how and hideous I look. My jeans are too loose even though they are the smallest size you can get and my shirt is too big also. I wish I could just wear my usual leggings and large sweater.

     I have to close my eyes and take a deep breath to get myself to stop pointing out all my flaws. I then open my eyes and decide it is time to head downstairs.

*

*

*
A/N:  Hey guys, I know this isn't the best book and it's going way to fast, it's just that I don't know what to put in the first few chapters.