Part 27

I wake up early the next morning feeling refreshed, stretching my arms above my head I look around and notice that Jake is not here. I slip out from under the blankets and start walking towards the door but as I am reaching for the door handle I have to jump out of the way in order to not get hit with it.

     On the other side of the door is Jake with a tray of food in his hands smiling at me. "You're awake! I brought you breakfast and after we can do whatever you want. I am taking these next few days off. Go ahead and get back into bed," he says excitedly and rushed. I can see how much me being gone has affected him and now it seems he wants to care for me.

     I shake my head slightly while smiling and get back into the bed. Looking back up at Jake I see a huge smile take over his face. It wasn't only him who missed me but I really missed him too. He gently places the tray of food next to me. It consists of 4 pancakes, tons of scrambled eggs, at least 6 pieces of bacon, and 2 toasts with strawberry jam. I still feel slightly uncomfortable eating the food with the memories of my old pack still fresh in my mind. But I'm starting to see that Jake cares for me and that the ways of my old pack were not right.

     After I eat as much as I possibly can I push the tray back to Jake who has just been sitting there staring at me, which has been kind of awkward.  He happily eats the rest of the food and when he sees the face I make at him he replies, "What? I'm hungry." I can't keep the small smile off my face when he says that and I look down.

     "Okay, now that we're done eating I thought we could watch a movie or go for a walk. Whatever you like, I just don't want you to leave my sight." Jake finishes off what he was saying and I nod. He decides that we should go on a walk first and I agree.

      Once we are all dressed and ready to go out of the room he grabs my hand and pulls me close to him. He is tense and alert, like as soon as we step foot out the door something terrible could happen to me.

     I give his hand a squeeze with mine, something he has done in the past when I was nervous. He looks down at me and smiles and we head out on our walk.

     It's a beautiful day and the first place he leads me to are the pack gardens. "When my pack thought that you... you know. They planted a bunch of flowers in your remembrance." As he speaks his eyes begin to water and his voice cracks. I can't believe how bad this has affected him and I feel terrible. I sum up all my courage and initiate a hug. The mate bond should hopefully help him relax and show him that everything is okay now.

     I can tell he is surprised at first about me initiating contact, but he gets over it fast and tightly wraps his arms around me. I feel his nose in the crook of my neck and I can tell he is taking in my scent to calm him. "I didn't think I would be able to live without you. I know we haven't got to know each other that well, but without you I felt broken and like I was missing the most important part of myself. I'll never let anything happen to you again," he takes a deep breath, "I love you."

     I've been thinking about this for a long time and with Jake's help I believe I can begin to heal. So I say the only word I can, "Jake".

     He pulls back with his hands on my shoulders. "Did you just?" I nod my head. He smiles so wide I'm afraid his face may split in two and I lightly smile back. "I'm so proud of you. How do you feel?" He asks me.

     "Good," I reply, shocked at hearing my own voice again. Even though it is very raspy and dry sounding. My throat is beginning to hurt already though, probably stemming from years of not using my vocal chords.

     Jake is still staring at me with a creepily huge smile and feeling uncomfortable I lower my eyes and start to look elsewhere. He immediately notices my shift in behavior and suggests we sit on a bench and just enjoy the surrounding.

A/n: thank you all so much for being patient. I hope you enjoyed this little chapter.
Bye!!!