Part 34

We are pulling up to the pack border now. The surroundings starting to become familiar and letting me know we should be reaching the border any second now. Just as this thought crosses my mind warriors come out from between the trees and make us stop the car. The first one to step up to the window is probably around 18 and would not be able to recognize my mother as his rightful Luna. 

     "Please state your pack and purpose for being here." He says with no emotion in his voice. 

     "Oh please pup, I am here to see my mate. Bring me there now." My mother replies, she seems more tense than she had previously. The warrior takes a threatening step closer to the car. 

     "We don't take our security lightly around here, now answer my questions." 

     "Oh poor boy, you don't even recognize your own Luna." This statement my mother makes takes the boy by surprise and he backs up a step. 

    "Let's get her to the alpha." He commands to the warriors around him and my mother smirks. They then walk on all sides of our car and we slowly make our way to the pack house. 

    When we reach the house my father is already waiting outside talking intensely with another with some other man. The warrior must have mind-linked him to meet us out here. The sight of him makes me feel sick and try to keep my breathing even, pushing past memories back down. 

     The car pulls to a stop and my mother looks back at me. "Okay listen. We'll walk out at the same time and while he distracted with me you walk to the back side of him. When I give you the look you attack." She doesn't give me a chance to respond as takes off her seatbelt and opens the door the glare she sends to me telling me to do the same. 

     Pushing our doors open and stepping out my father freezes. His eyes lock with my moms and she stares back just as intense. Not wanting for my father to see me anytime soon I do make my way to the back of him, slightly off to the side. But I have no intention of going any further with this plan.

     "My mate." Father says, taking a few slow steps closer to her. "You are here, you're back." His voice begins to crack. "I always knew you would come back for me." My mother has still not said a word or moved at all, just keeping her eyes trained on father. 

     This is when everything starts to happen at once. Tires come screeching up the driveway and wolves run out of the forest, I recognize the one in front as Jake. I instantly feel lighter, I know nothing can go wrong now that Jake is here. At the same moment my father takes the last few steps to my mother quickly wrapping her up in his arms. I lock eyes with Jake and take a step forwards to get to him. Seeing me take this step my mother trains her eyes on me now and they darken. I freeze staring back at her, this does not look like it will end well. 

     She pushes away from my father and lunges at me "Don't you dare harm my mate!" She screeches and she lands on top of me knocking me off my feet. I am silent as I my head hits the concrete and my mother begins scratching my face. She is not on me for long though as Jake's wolf form pushes her off me and she goes flying a couple feet to the side. Jake then proceeds to stand over me in a protective position. While his warriors make their way forwards surrounding us in a circle. From in between their legs I see father run over to my mother and starts growling looking around. The warriors quickly detain him though, while the warriors from my fathers pack stay still, not bothering to fight back for some reason. 

     I feel hands gently caress my cheek and smooth my hair back. My head is then lifted and placed into Jake's lap. My head is still spinning from the impact to even care he shifted back and has no clothes on. "My sweet sweet Juliet. Are you okay my love? I am so sorry, I should have never left you. Please forgive. I love you. The medic is on his way over. Juliet what hurts?"  Jake keeps rambling, tears beginning to form in his eyes, the sight making me want to cry as well. I slowly lift my right hand up and put it over his hand on my cheek. 

     "Jake, I am okay now that you are here. I think, I just need a little rest." I let my hand fall and struggle to keep my eyes open. But with no success I fall asleep.