Part 4

It's been five minutes into the car ride and we have thirty minutes left before we get to his pack. I haven't stopped shaking and I can taste the blood coming from my lip where my teeth have been gnawing at it. I tangle my fingers together hoping it will help calm my nerves, but of course, it doesn't. That's what I do when I'm nervous.

      Jake keeps glancing over at me and staring at me questioningly, but I just keep my head turned to the window. "So..." He says dragging out the 'o'. "What do you like to do for fun?" He asks. My chest tightens knowing that I will hurt my mate's feelings by not answering him. Knowing that I will get beaten once we get out of this car, I scoot a little more towards the door.

       All my life I have learned that the female mate must always answer to the male and not disrespect him. Or else there will be consequences.

       He looks at me than nods his head slowly. "Okay then." We sit in silence for about ten more minutes before he asks me. "Are you okay?" I feel tears coming into my eyes, and I keep my blank stare looking out the window. No one ever asked me if I was okay, but they never needed to. 

      The car stops and Jake starts to get out of the car, and I open my door and step out. Jake comes to my side of the door and frowns. "I was going to open the door for you." 'I'm so sorry, I'll get back in the car.' Is what I wanted to say. But since I couldn't talk I just got back in the car and shut the door.

       I hear him chuckle, and I almost feel safe, but I knew I could never trust him or ever truly be safe. I used to feel safe and trust my father and brother, but that didn't work out that great.

       Jake opens the door and puts his hand up. I flinch back and cower in the far side of the car. "Whoa, are you okay?" Jake asks. He reaches his hand up towards me and tears start falling down my cheeks. "You're mad I brought you here, aren't you?"

         I shake my head no. Knowing that is what he wants me to say. He doesn't seem to believe me though. He just moves out of the way of the car and motions for me to come out of the car. I step out shaking. Jake starts walking towards the huge house in front of us. I am guessing that it is the pack house judging by how large it is.

        "This is our house. The pack house is a little ways over there." He says while pointing to the right. He doesn't sound as happy as he did when we first got in the car. All that I wanted to do was reach my arm out and grab his hand and make him feel better. But I knew that touching him would just make him madder. 

         He opens the door and gives me a small tour of the house. He didn't show me any of the rooms, only the living room, his office, the library, which is where I will be spending most of my time, and finally the kitchen. "You must be hungry, what do you want to eat?" He asks.

         I try to shake my head no telling him that I am not hungry. "Come on you have to eat." He pleads. "You look like you haven't eaten in months." I just stare down at my shoes. I  look up at him and notice that he might be hungry. So I search for all the stuff to make a sandwich while he just watches me.

       I am trying to get the bread which is really high up. I stand on my tiptoes and jump a little trying to get it. "Here," Jake says and reaches his hand up and I flinch back and cower on the ground. "Are you okay?" He sounds genuinely worried about me. "Did you slip?" He asks, putting a hand on my shoulder and I flinch again and start shaking more than I was already.

        After a few seconds he hasn't done anything to me yet, I stand up and go back to trying to get the bread. Like how can you have a sandwich without bread? Jake stands up also and hands the bread to me. I nod, not meeting his eyes. I have only looked into his eyes once and when I did it made this weird tingly feeling go through me.

       Once I finish making the sandwich I set it in front of him on the counter. He just stares at it then at me. "Are you going to eat it?" He questions me. I shake my head, and motion to him. "You want me to eat it?" He asks, and I nod my head 'yes'. Why else would I make the sandwich? "How about I eat half and you eat the other half," I just shrug my shoulders. If that's what he wants, he's the alpha and I can't disobey him.

        I watch him go over to a drawer and pull out a knife and cut the sandwich in half. He hands half to me and plows through his half. I eat a few bites, but then I start to feel sick so I put it down. He stares at me weirdly. But just shrugs his shoulders. "Come on it's late. Let's go to sleep."

        He starts walking up a flight of stairs and I get confused. Doesn't he want me to stay up and clean? I wonder, but then I look around his house and notice that everything is already completely neat. I just shrug my shoulders and continue following him. Maybe this is where he will beat me.

        He opens a door and lets me go in first. I look around and see that this is his bedroom. There is a huge bed in the middle of the room with a matching nightstand on either side. There is a dresser straight in front of the bed with a t.v. on it. On the other side of the room is a large window with a black curtain covering it. There are two doors, one I am guessing is the closet, the other must be the bathroom. The only thing that is lighting the room is a lamp beside the bed.

       "The bathroom is right there so you can get ready for bed." He says motioning to the door that is closest to me. I look at him then walk into the bathroom.

       Once I am done in the bathroom I walk out to see him standing in the same place as before. He has a sad look on his face, but when he sees me his eyes light up just a little bit. "Go to sleep." He says. I look out of the open and door and wonder why I can't sleep in another room. Being in here makes me nervous.

        As if reading my mind Alpha Jake says. "I won't be able to sleep unless you are in here." I just nod my head and without thinking about I lay down on the floor next to the foot of the bed. "What are you doing?"

I look at him confused and then I look at the bed then back at him. "I will sleep on the floor if one of us has to." I look at him confused, then shrug and stand up. He is probably pretending and is trying to get me to like him to make the beatings more hurtful. That way I am hurt emotionally.

He lays down in the floor then looks up at me. He sees me standing there awkwardly, and stands up. "You can lay down." He motions to the bed.

I shuffle over to the bed and sit on it and look over at him. He just shrugs and lays back down.

He lays there for a few minutes before speaking. "You hate me. Don't you?" I look at him shocked. I don't know what to do so I shrug again. "See you never talk to me." This brings tears to my eyes. "I get that you didn't want to leave but can you please say something or show that you care." He says, voice breaking. I shrugged once more, close my eyes and lay down. He turns off the light and mumbles a goodnight.

*
*
*

A/N: Thank you so much to all my readers. I know it's a lot less than a lot of other books, but it still is awesome to me. Please feel free to correct any errors I make so I can fix them.
Bye!!!