8 - Misery Loves My Company (M)

"So who will be there?" Jay asked as they rode the elevator down to the hotel's basement parking lot.

After a night of combing through the ledger and hard drive of that mountain gangster, Yoohan spent the rest of the morning passed out on the bed, and only woke up at lunch for the sole reason of his grumbling belly. It was good timing too, since he still had to get ready and traveled to the mansion for that family dinner thing.

What kind of family only had family dinners once per month?

His family, apparently.

Yoohan used to hate this event so much, and he was sure he'd still hated it even now. It was an event that was filled with ass-kissing, hidden agendas, underhanded insults, and unsavory stares that Yoohan wondered how they could even digest the food properly.

But it was a tradition that had been done by his grandfather, and his son, worried to be called out on that, following the father's habit. But even if they had family dinner every night, Yoohan personally had no idea whether the relationship between family members would improve or worsen instead.

"The main family member should be there. All the children should be present, and the current wife is obvious. I think the first wife will also be there, and sometimes the youngest uncle and the widowed auntie,"

Jay observed the change in Yoohan's tone all the while. The neutrality when talking about the extended family, the annoyance in talking about the other children, the sneering, bitter chuckle for the first wife.

And then, the deep, sharp spike on the current wife.

Jay already knew about it, during that drunken sex. Jeon Mina, the third wife, was Yoohan's mother's best friend—or at least she was supposed to be. She asked for sponsoring help from Yoohan's mother for her beauty pageant run, and met Yoohan's father from that.

More than anything, the fact that she had an affair with Yoohan's father when Yoohan's mother was in her second pregnancy was the thing that broke his mother's heart the most. And when Jeon Mina shamelessly moved into the house as the mistress, Yoohan's mother finally asked for a divorce.

Among all the members of that family, Yoohan probably hated Jeon Mina the most, and the only person he hated more than that woman would be his father and whoever ordered the car tempering that led to that accident.

"So all I need to do is stood by the wall?" Jay asked as they reached the car in the basement, opening the door for Yoohan.

"No matter what happened, unless I order you to do something, you just have to stand there," Yoohan brushed the neatly combed hair of the bodyguard, and stroked the pretty J pendant. He looked up at the handsome, smiling face while running his fingers over the crisp, branded, midnight blue vest that Yoohan told Jay to wear instead of the usual bodyguard's black suit. "Stand there and look pretty."

Tapping lightly on the solid chest, Yoohan smirked and entered the car, leaving Jay smiling deeply with amusement. But that amusement didn't just end there. Inside the car, when Jay was just about to put on Yoohan's seatbelt like usual, the young master suddenly held out his palm.

"Wait,"

Jay stopped his hand and turned to face Yoohan, but before he could even ask, the younger man had already moved from his seat and leaned into the bodyguard. Yoohan grabbed the older's lapel and yanked it aside, exposing the sturdy neck and collarbone.

With slightly widened eyes, Jay watched the blonde head dip down and landed on the crook of his neck. In the next second, he felt lips pressed on his skin, sucking at the spot below the leash. The wet sound those lips produced rendered Jay speechless and stunned, looking down with mind racing at how he should react to this.