19 - Raise The Alarm

Staring at the fallen leaves outside the window, of his office, Yoohan twirled the pen in his hand absentmindedly, before sighing long and deep.

"There's nothing..." he grumbled. "Why is there nothing?!"

A passerby would think he was shouting in protest about the lack of good movies to invest in, or rather, a lack of income for the company, which was in the red already.

Of course, that wasn't it. The movie that Jay chose to invest in was going smoothly and was already in the final stage of editing. There were already whispers among industry insiders that it would unexpectedly become a hit.

The one the company chose to invest in had the production in shambles because of a scandal of the male lead—but that wasn't Yoohan's comcern. It was actually good for him that this company was on the brink of bankruptcy.

What he lamented was the lack of progress in the investigation he ordered about the one behind his accident five years ago, as well as the one regarding the third wife and his uncle's affairs. Even the investigation of Seo Jungeon's background and a possible reason for his betrayal met a sturdy wall.

Did he really need to send an actual spy to look into those people's phones?

"Don't be too impatient, Master," Jay turned the swivel chair around so Yoohan faced the desk—and the bodyguard who sat on it—and stroked the furrowed brows. "Things like this happen once in a while, just a little lull."

"I know," Yoohan sighed and closed his eyes, enjoying the rubbing between his eyes. "It's just that we made a lot of progress a while ago and now..."

"It's a sign that you should use it to rest and get ready for what's about to come," Jay said with a smile, rubbing his thumb in circular motions to relax his master's tired face. "And it's not like it's really nothing, right?"

"Mmh," Yoohan replied with a light sigh.

Yeah, it wasn't like there was nothing. Ingyoo had been working hard to purchase HS's shares through the investment company they made. And the fact that this media investment company was failing was also a sign that things were progressing in the direction he wanted.

"Isn't it time you bait Director Oh?" Jay asked while massaging the rest of Yoohan's face.

Without opening his eyes, Yoohan smiled deeply while answering, finally looking a bit alive again. "No, no—we have to wait for him to come to us first, or it might seem suspicious," when he opened his eyes, there was a playful glint there. "It won't be long now."

And then, as if Yoohan's words were a summoning call, someone knocked at the door.

The staff there did not usually come to Yoohan's office unless it was something really truly urgent. If something needed to be signed, they would gather all of the documents and wait for Yoon Jay to collect them. If they did need to knock, they did it softly, and carefully, afraid they would disturb the young master known for his temper.

But this time, the knocking sound was bolder than usual, and irregular—as if whoever was behind that door was anxious.

"Young Master, this is Director Oh. May I come in?" the voice that followed also sounded quite nervous.

Yoohan scoffed at the certainty of his own prediction. Also, at the way Director Oh was calling him young master instead of his proper title in the company. It showed that Yoohan was truly stationed here to fail, especially recalling that the one assigned this post to him was that Seo Jungeon.

"Sure," Yoohan answered with a smirk, and the door swung open carefully.

Director Oh, a slightly chubby man in his late forties, entered the office and froze for a bit as he saw the young master on his chair while the bodyguard sat on the edge of the desk, leaning forward to caress the young master's face without even stop to acknowledge the COO's presence.