9 - Oxygen

It felt like it had been a long time since he got woken up by the smell of freshly brewed coffee and hot stew. Staring blankly at the ceiling, Yoohan realized he had just experienced the best sleep in the last few years.

But he kind of annoyed that it was due to the skillful massage and an even more skillful handjob.

Yoohan rolled in his bed while grunting, and his eyes fell toward the glass of water nicely sitting on the nightstand. He remembered the time when he used to have a few assistants working for him, and got up feeling a bit less annoyed.

The water felt adequately cool for a warm summer morning, and hydrated his body well. Just as he put the empty glass down, the bedroom door opened, and a nice coffee aroma wafted from the cup in the bodyguard's hand.

The man wasn't dolled up like yesterday, but the way his hair was down made him look younger. Jay already looked neat with a rolled-up white shirt, with a subtle scent of body wash and a hint of tobacco coming out of him.

A rather satisfactory look, and Yoohan felt his annoyance go down a bit more.

"You like it black, don't you?"

Hmm...yeah, the nice, smooth, low voice was also satisfactory. Yoohan reached out his hand casually without realizing it, and the coffee came into his hand along with the bodyguard's smile.

"I used the Colombian one today, but there isn't much variety in this house," Jay kneeled while Yoohan sipped on his coffee, putting on slippers on his master's feet. "Can I put some order?"

It was the right temperature for drinking, and Yoohan felt the dark liquid seeping into his sleepy nerves to wake them up. "My regular allowance should be directed to my card from now on, so just use it to purchase the necessities," Yoohan paused to savor another sip before adding. "The blue ones. Use that for any explainable purchases, and use the other one for the rest."

Yoohan gave the cup back to Jay and got up toward the washing room, yawning on the way. "What did you cook?"

"Short-rib soup. Would you like an egg roll?"

"Mmm," with a short hum, Yoohan went through his morning routine with a rather light heart.

It felt good to have a morning where he didn't have to grumble about unpleasant things, with someone providing him with things before he even asked. Look—there was even a neatly arranged small towel in the sink. The floor was spotless already, no trace of last night's activity could be seen.

When Yoohan stepped out, a set of fresh clothes was already arranged on the mattress. The bed itself had already been fixed neatly, as if Yoohan had never slept there before.

Looking at the bed blankly, Yoohan suddenly got curious about what kind of training Jay had gone through to be this swift and efficient. This astonishment continued in front of the dining table, as a spread of sumptuous breakfast had been laid for him; steaming galbi-tang, fluffy egg roll, and five kinds of side dishes that Yoohan was sure did not available in this annex before.

Was he made all of that—the braised quail eggs, the season cucumber and beansprout, the fresh kimchi—this morning? No—the ribs probably needed hours to be prepared.

"Did you even sleep at all last night?" Yoohan narrowed his eyes at Jay, but the man was as handsome and sharp-eyed as ever.

Jay only smiled without answering, pulling out the chair for Yoohan to sit on, and putting a bowl of rice in front of him. "There's not much in the fridge, so I can only make simple things. I'll prepare better things after getting more ingredients."

What the hell...are you trying to open a restaurant or something?

"Did you eat?" Yoohan asked, still a bit stunned.