28 - The End Is Here

"How could he do this to me?!"

Lee Wooyoung threw yet another one of the expensive vases in her room to the wall, her scream of frustration even louder than the crashing sound as the vase shattered to pieces. If she was smart enough, she would think that wasting such an expensive thing like that would be detrimental to the family's situation right now.

Her attendants bit their lips and lowered their gaze in fear, praying that the next things didn't come at them. Praying that it wasn't them next that got thrown out.

It had been half an hour of this chaotic tantrum. The moment she found out that Lee Sungmin was caught in an illegal drug and prostitution scandal, she knew that it came from the information that she gave to Yoohan.

But she thought it would only be used in front of their father, to cement her position as a successor's candidate. She certainly didn't think Lee Yoohan would orchestrate a whole raid! And to make it worst, Lee Wontaek was also there, as if it wasn't enough that she was associated with a sexual offender and a fraud already!

It was such a big haul from politicians to chaebol sons, not to mention the victims were entertainment agency trainees, and some of them were underage. The media was having a heyday, and even if the government and the conglomerates tried to cover it, it was already too late.

Every time a rogue article got taken down, a new one would appear somewhere. And even if it came up in the obscure place of the internet at first, a specific video from the perspective of a victim had been circulating on the web, and made it impossible for the case to be completely buried.

Even if Lee Sungmin could get out of the detention center due to him being underage, HS had to pay a lot of bail and hush money, not to mention hiring their lawyer team over time. They had to pay the media a lot to at least obscure Lee Wontaek's name from the article, or blurred the circulating video where it showed Sungmin's face.

They poured even more money to find the one recording the video, but the most they could find out was that the person had vanished and possibly gone abroad. The prosecutor's office had also enacted witness protection right for the person recording the video, so there was nothing more they could do.

That, and the fact that they were losing even more money.

Despite trying to salvage the situation, however, it was already known that HS Group's third generation was involved in this matter, and their stock prices plummeted even more as people had been losing confidence these past few weeks. They couldn't even do a buyback because they lacked the capital from the number of failing projects after Director Seo left the Group.

In other words, they were screwed. Lee Wooyoung wanted to tell the Chairman that it was all because of Lee Yoohan, but she couldn't do that because it would shed light on her own involvement.

"Fucking shit! You've planned this from the start!" she screamed again, flailing her lacrosse stick around and hitting the fallen furniture even more. "Lee Yoohan, you son of a bitch!!"

As if not satisfied with the impact on a dull surface, she hit the window next, and the glass was shattering along with her scream, allowing the people from the garden to hear her loud and clear.

Now she knew that she had been dancing in Lee Yoohan's palm from the start, and she couldn't even say anything about it...

With suspended relief, the attendants took a breath when Lee Wooyoung's scream finally turned into a sob and she sat on the floor, among the mess, with a frustrated cry.

But she had no leeway to be drowned in her misery because one of her attendants suddenly gasped loudly, despite the situation.

"What?!" Lee Wooyoung was ready to lash out, perhaps even feeling better because she now had an excuse to beat her attendant.