30 - If Today Was Your Last Day

It was days that felt like a dream. A pleasant, beautiful dream.

A paradise.

Yoohan had never thought there would come a day when he could use that word, since he was so sure he'd end up in hell.

Well, life sure is funny.

Just as he thought his life would end, it began instead.

For months, they spent their vacation like rich nobles of Victorian era—hopped on from hotel to hotel, country to country, just spending their money.

It was fine. It was a vacation twenty-five years in pending. Yoohan had never enjoyed any vacation before. When he was still the heir, he had to act prim and proper so he didn't get criticized, so it was even more torturing than usual. At least, on the other days, he didn't have to meet them all the time. He could even avoid meeting them at all if he was being careful. But during 'family vacation', he couldn't hide or avoid them at all.

And then, when he could finally get away, he had to pretend to be a rotten young master under the spy's supervision. When he went on 'vacation' alone, it was always for the sake of investigating the family or amassing capital.

But now, he could let all of it go. He had nothing to be worried about. He didn't have to keep his appearance anymore, he didn't have to please anyone anymore. He didn't have to constantly think about the people he had to take down. And while there was still guilt and regret making holes in his heart, someone had been filling them with nice and wonderful things; with love and hope.

Yoon Jay was still working sometimes, remotely—looking over the investment plan to be executed by his subordinates. But Yoohan didn't have to do anything, and Jay's work did not hinder him to attend to his now spoiled lover.

Now, Yoohan truly spent his time like a spoiled young master; in the sense that he filled his days having fun and wasting money. Jay didn't think it was a waste, though—any money spent on making Yoohan satisfied was money well spent.

They came to do some adventures in some of the coldest cities during the winter; climbing mountains, skiing down the slope, or just enjoying the wonder of staying inside an igloo. They even got stranded in the middle of a blizzard once, and as people were just about to organize a rescue attempt, they saw the couple come back on their own while laughing after rolling down the hill. In the end, they even took a specialized cruise ship sailing to Antarctica, watching penguins and whales, staring at icebergs and glaciers...

They frolicked with the cold until they got bored and moved to tropical holiday destinations; from famous places and tourist traps, to places that were only known and accessible through connections.

In these Earthly paradises, after all those adventures in the cold, Yoohan spent his days lazing around. He slept until he woke up natural, comfortably in a warm bed and cooled room. However early or late he woke up, the same thing always greeted him; Jay.

Whether Jay spent the morning glued to his body, or already up and about, he would still start Yoohan's morning with a kiss on the younger's nape and a morning hug. Sometimes, it would continue further, and he—they—would end up spending even more time in bed.

The rest of the day, he would spend leisurely visiting the surrounding attractions, or just sitting in a park and plaza doing people-watching. They would eat whatever Yoohan wanted to eat—from junk food to luxurious course meals. Jay was lenient during their vacations, although he would certainly get Yoohan back on a healthy and balanced diet once they were back in Korea.

But for now, he would spoil Yoohan as much as he could.

Thanks to living relaxedly while eating, sleeping, and having fun as much as he liked, Yoohan gained more weight and cute belly fat. This time, Jay refrained himself from commenting and just secretly enjoyed kissing the chubbier cheek and rubbing the love handle adoringly. He liked looking at Yoohan all healthy and bright, slightly plumper and glowing. The man was lovely, so very lovely that Jay sometimes just want to lock him up in a place he only knew.