27 - Nothing's Fair in Love and War

"I feel like you're thinking about something inappropriate right now," Yoohan said as he carefully renewed Jay's bandage.

And Jay did not disappoint his master's expectations. "I'm thinking if I have to get hurt more often so you'll take care of me like this."

For that, Yoohan smacked the man in the head—it wasn't like he got hurt there. No, wait...with how crazy he was, perhaps it was actually his head that got damaged?

"If you get hurt again, I won't let you touch me for months."

Jay arched his brow, genuinely surprised. "You're not even thinking of leaving me? My Master sure is generous."

Yoohan would have slapped the man again, but it would be a waste of his exasperation—and a waste of a perfectly handsome face.

But he indeed had been generous; changing the bandage was something that Jay obviously could do well by himself, since it wasn't particularly in a hard position. However, Yoohan had been diligently taking that role of his own volition after they got back from the hospital. Jay was being freed of his duties, even though the man was capable of doing everything just fine. They had been either ordering food or eating out, and employing temporary cleaning services for the apartment.

So Jay had been living a pampered life being taken care of by his master, despite being perfectly healthy. People who worked with him in Aegis would drop their jaws if they knew the mad wolf who didn't even flinch after getting shot in two places was being spoiled this much just from a stab wound that didn't even get him admitted.

How funny, Jay thought. He was hired as Yoohan's hands and feet anyway, his bodyguard. It was his job to get hurt while serving his master.

But it goes to show how much Yoohan actually cared about him, and that the man was truly thinking of him as more than that; as someone precious.

"Stop your flirting and go order some lunch."

"I can just make lunch, you know," Jay, in fact, did not stop flirting, as he grasped the younger's waist and pulled Yoohan to his lap. He tilted his head and whispered in the reddened ears. "Don't you miss my cooking?"

The way Yoohan stiffened and then squirmed on his lap told him that his master might also miss something else, like his cock—

"Ugh—" Jay groaned as he felt a bite on his shoulder. Not enough to draw blood or made a mark, but enough to make him let go of his fuming master, who hurriedly slipped away from his hold while grumbling.

"Crazy bastard—"

Yoohan stomped out of the living room with ears and neck smeared in red, leaving Jay laughing again.

But Jay ended up cooking anyway, because being reminded of it made Yoohan crave a food that was catered to his taste to perfection. They went down to buy some groceries, because there were no house managers to manage that anymore.

And it was...fun, Yoohan had to admit that.

They bickered about the things to buy—or rather Yoohan grumbling and Jay just laughing it off. They argued about Yoohan's nonsensical financial sense of daily necessity and his lacking care of nutritional value. They entered a prolonged debate about ice cream flavor to have for dessert. They ended up sauntering to home appliances and spent more time there than in the grocery sector.

Still, it was fun. Like they have a life outside of these revenge things.

As Jay was preparing lunch, Kang Jun suddenly made a call. [Do you want to see a show?] the man asked, and sent a link to Yoohan's email. When he opened it, they found out the link was connected to a closed-door live stream, with only three accounts viewing it; a diamond, a crown, and a flower.