16 - Better Days

"Master," one peaceful morning, Yoohan was awoken by a smoldering giant dog who peppered his face with kisses first thing.

"My honey bunny sleepy head Master," the kisses were now accompanied by the dog's full weight on his upper body, enveloping his blanketed torso with a warm hug.

"My once diligent Master who turned into a spoiled sleepy head brat these days—hahaha!" with a trained swiftness, Yoon Jay caught the pillow being smacked at him, and proceeded to counterattack with a kiss on the annoyed Master's forehead, turning the angry frown into a fluster.

Yoohan groaned and glared at his bodyguard from behind the blanket. But his slightly swollen face from sleeping only made him look adorable in Jay's eyes—well, although the man also happened to think his Master looked adorable always.

"What is it?" Yoohan asked in a hoarse voice—perhaps from sleepiness, perhaps from moaning too much last night, who knows.

"An invitation came," the bodyguard fished out a tray with a pristine white envelope on top, now standing in perfect posture beside the bed.

Yoohan clicked his tongue in annoyance—why should this man look so charming first thing in the morning? Made it hard for Yoohan to keep being angry.

But he straightened himself and took the envelope, observing the elegant and luxurious feel the textured surface gave. "Why does he make it as if he's inviting us to a wedding?" Yoohan directed his morning grumpiness to the poor invitation instead. "What will he use for his own wedding then?"

He already knew what the invitation was about; the anniversary banquet for a foundation created by Hanshin Group. Song Hwa had already told them about it a long time ago, and finally, the day had come. The one who send them the invitation, of course, was the one and only Kang Jun, Song Hwa's lover.

"Do you think they'll have it?" Jay put the letter tray down and took a coffee cup he already prepared earlier. "A wedding?"

Jay had only met the Hanshin's Chairman a few times during his Aegis days, and while he never witnessed it himself, the relationship between the two chaebols was an ongoing insider secret already. After all, they had been together for fifteen years—counting their break.

Yoohan fished out the card inside the envelope while shrugging. "Who knows? For all I know, they might try to legalize same-sex marriage first just so they could do it with a bang," Yoohan smirked as he gave the envelope and card back to Jay to exchange it with the coffee.

But the bodyguard was being unresponsive, pausing to stare at Yoohan with deep grey eyes. "What?" Yoohan frowned, for some reason feeling his heart racing.

Jay stared for a few seconds more before smiling as if nothing happened, taking the card and putting the coffee inside the empty hands. "That'll be nice," Jay said light-heartedly, eyes reading the card while sitting on the bed, a dimpled smile adorning handsome face.

Sipping on his cup, Yoohan decided to blame his weirdly increasing heartbeat on the caffeine.

* * *

"Aren't you looking quite handsome?" Yoohan tilted his head, looking satisfied at how his bodyguard looked in a brand-new three-piece suit they were choosing for Hanshin's banquet.

With a dimpled smirk, Jay replied casually. "I always am, Master," when Yoohan gave him a disgusted looked, he added shamelessly. "You don't have to go around the long way to give me a compliment."

In a quite undignified way, Yoohan flipped the man and spat a curse.

Jay chuckled and asked the female staff in charge of helping him. "Don't you think so?"