21 - Poison In Your Veins

⚠️//t.w: sexual assault//⚠️

______________________________

Yooshin construction.

It was the construction company in charge of building the area, including the bridge, where Yoohan crashed into five years ago. At least, it was the one who finished it.

The one in charge of starting the construction was actually another company. But that company also handled another project at that time, and that project unfortunately failed. The company went bankrupt, and had to sell the right of the project to other parties. An auction was held then, and the last contending parties were HS and Yooshin.

Yoohan's accident, coincidentally, happened during this time. It was used by Yooshin to pressure HS into retreating from the bid, blaming the accident as an obstruction to the completion of the project due to the damage it caused.

Honestly, it was easy to see that there was something suspicious about Yoohan's accident. The timing, the place, the circumstances...

Or at least it should be, if the evidence about Yoohan's car being tampered with and his GPS being altered wasn't lost and changed with a false report of alcohol influence. Because the only thing that came up was the drunk driving, it was deemed as Yoohan and HS's fault, and whatever suspicion against Yooshin was dropped.

The one who handled Yoohan's case from HS's side was Seo Jungeon, and no one questioned the result since Director Seo had been Yoohan's main supporter. When Yoohan woke up from his coma, Yooshin already got the right for the construction, and everyone had basically forgotten about anything weird from that accident.

Yoohan, still not aware of Seo Jungeon's betrayal, thought it was one of the wives that had planned and manipulated the investigation result. He lost a lot of his power and influence, so he couldn't even move or investigate things properly.

And now, five years later, he glimpsed at the truth.

"There's no clear evidence, however," Yoohan threw the report he just read into the shredder. "Not that I ever planned to bring this to court."

Yeah...Yoohan had never thought about solving his revenge lawfully. If he did, he wouldn't have taken this cold-blooded killer as his man, who was just coming inside the study after taking a call.

"What do they want?"

"The monthly logistical report," Jay answered with a frown. "I forgot because of that business with the club."

Yoohan raised his brow. It was rare for this perfect worker to forget about his duty. But then again, they had been quite intense since finding out about that disgusting old man, so this kind of mundane thing was easily slipped away from their mind.

"They want you to make the report now?"

"Mm..." the bodyguard's frown went deeper, and Yoohan just scoffed in response.

"It's fine. I'm just going to meet the Chairman," Yoohan said, walking toward the older man. And by Chairman, he meant his father, Lee Hwal. "It's not like things would happen here in the mansion."

The pale eyes twitched, but Yoohan was right. What would happen to Yoohan in the Chairman's study? They would just talk as usual, and then Yoohan would come back to the annex, waiting for Jay.

"You looked like someone having separation anxiety," Yoohan chuckled, tilting his head to peer into the narrowing eyes.

"Maybe I am," Jay casually shrugged, prompting Yoohan to smirk and grabbed the bodyguard's lapel, pressing their lips briefly.