1 | Marriage?

Tring Tring... Tring Tring...

I heard my phone ringing, I picked it up seeing the name.

"Hmm?" I said accepting the call.

"Listen! Are you free?" I heard my best friend say.

"No Rubina, I am not," I replied to her not wanting to hear her nonstop talk.

"Shut up, Ashi. I know what time it is. You have left your office." She said knowing I am free.

How does she know it every single time?

"Fine, tell me what happened," I said knowing I can't get past her bak-bak now.

"Pick me up from Rajouri Garden."

"Okay. Coming." I said driving to Rajouri Garden to pick up Maharani ji.

Even though Rubina sometimes, sorry, always says or does something nonsense or stupid but she is also my best friend since childhood. My one and only Jaan! She has always been there with me through my ups and downs and always supported me in everything I did. For my parents, she's not a friend of mine but another daughter.

I called her telling her that I have reached Rajouri Garden. As I saw her reaching my car, I took a deep breath getting myself ready for her nonstop chit-chat.

"Pata hai kya hua aaj.." And her engine immediately started and I kept replying with "Hmm" and "Hmm".

"And she spilled that coffee on me knowingly and said 'Oh sorry I didn't see you' Bitch!" She said complaining about... I don't know who.

"Oh Acha," I said uninterestedly.

I parked my car as we reached outside my house. We both got out of the car with the ignited engine aka Rubina.

"And I was like how the hell did you even say that and I slapped her!" She said acting out, her slapping I think Saisha, her enemy but her friend.

"But isn't she one of your good friends," I said raising my eyebrows.

Rubina kept her hand on her heart "She is, But how dare she say that to me!" And she continued.

"Uh-huh," I said ringing my doorbell.

"And then I went to Big Chill with Sidh-" She stopped. Finally! "Hello, aunty! How are you?"

"I am absolutely fine! How are you beta?" My mom replied kissing her on the cheek I slid into my house and went to the kitchen to grab a glass of water for myself after the continuous talking session.

I came out taking a sip of water. "Bring a glass for my child also!" my mom said and then continued talking to Rubina like they met after so long. She comes to our house every day.

I sighed and went back into the kitchen to bring a glass of water for Rubina.

I came out with a glass of water and gave it to Rubina.

"Kuch khane ke liye bhi le aa meri beti ke liye!" My mom said making me irritated.
(Bring something to eat for my daughter)

"Are mumma. She'll take whatever she wants, on her own" I said finally taking a seat on our sofa I heard her mumble 'Batameez' to which I rolled my eyes.

"Aarti, has Ashi come?" My dad said entering the hall with his eyes on his phone.

"Hello, Rubina beta. How are you?" My dad said as he saw Rubina and hugged her.

This is normal. But

He smiled as he shifted his eyes to me and came towards me. "My little girl!" He hugged me and ruffled my hair.