15 | Shopping

God! How do I escape from this? Never did I imagine I would marry Vansh like this. In an Arranged Marriage!

Today Vansh's mom, my mom, and I are going shopping for the Roka and Engagement Ceremony that is now in 10 days. Time flew by so fast!

To my luck, Vansh will not be accompanying us. Phew! But I should not be so thrilled because whenever I am too happy my bad luck comes walking into my life.

"Mrs. Sharma, I am so glad we found our children for each other. They look so lovely together. Right?" Vansh's mom asked my mom.

"You're right Mrs Malhotra. And in no time they'll be engaged to each other and soon be married!" My mom said excitedly.

"Yes! I cannot wait to see Ashi all dolled up like a bride. I can already imagine her looking beautiful" Vansh's mom said lost in her dream world before looking at me.

"Beta I hope we are not forcing you to get engaged so early. You know, Vansh will be soon going to Dubai for an important project and will be back after very long so we did not want to keep you waiting."

Oh, Aunty, I would love to wait! Why don't we wait for 10 years or maybe infinite years? That would be wonderful!

"No Aunty, not at all" I faked a smile.

Soon we reached our destination and went to multiple shops to find lehengas for my Engagement ceremony.

"This looks nice, isn't it Ashi?" My mom said showing me a dark blue lehenga with very heavy embroidery.

"But Mom, this is too much for me. Look for a simple lehenga" I said not satisfied.

"But you are the bride, you need to look different from others." Vansh's mom said bringing another lehenga. "How's this? This color will look very nice on you and the embroidery is also so beautiful"

I touched the baby pink lehenga. It indeed was beautiful.

"Okay I'll try it," I said. I stumbled as soon as I held the lehenga.

"Aunty this lehenga is so heavy! How did you even bring it here?" I said taking support from the wall.

"Hahaha. It's not so heavy Ashi. Chalo, go try it on" She said patting my back as I turned to go into the trial room to try the lehenga.

Taking off my clothes, I slipped into the blouse and the lehenga. I felt like I would fall any second. It's so difficult to even walk in it.

"Aunty, this lehenga is beautiful, but it's really difficult to walk in it. I feel like my waist would break any second" I said trying to balance myself in the heavy lehenga.

"Okay, you can choose another one then" Both the mothers laughed and started searching for another lehenga.

I changed back into my clothes as my waist had started aching because of the lehenga. I joined the moms in finding the perfect lehenga.

"How's this?" We turned on hearing a voice.

What the hell is he doing here?!

"Vansh?" Aunty said with a smile as soon as she saw him and he grinned. "What are you doing here?"

"I thought to surprise you ladies and help you guys in shopping." He said as he came towards my mom and touched her feet. "Namaste Aunty."

"Namaste beta. Khush raho"  (Stay blessed) Mom side - hugged him. "By the way, this lehenga is really pretty. Isn't it Mrs. Malhotra?"

He shifted his eyes to me and smirked.

Jerk.

"Yes, It is," Aunty said touching the lehenga.