11 | Acting Weird (Past - 9)

6th February 2017

Their age: 24

Ashi's Pov :

Vansh and I recently celebrated our 8 years of relationship. Never did I imagine that we would be together for 8 freaking years! I feel so grateful to have Vansh in my life.

Today we gave a party planned for Dhruv since it's his last few days in India. He will be soon leaving for the UK for his job. We are proud of him that he has got his dream job.

I came early from the office because we had to reach the club by 6.30. Dhruv has a late-night flight so we have enough time to spend together.

I quickly got ready and bid bye to my parents before sitting in the cab to Vansh's house. Vansh's parents were not at home so he said that I could come there to help him with the cake and later on we could go together.

"Ashi! Finally, you are here, can you please help me with the cake?" Vansh said. He wore a chef cap as if he is a proper chef, with flour all over his face and a pout on his lips.

"Aww! You look so cute. Stand still, let me click your picture" I giggled looking at him, and then clicked a picture of him.

I pecked his pout before going inside the kitchen and making the cake. Since Vansh had done most of the job that is making the batter, I just had to bake the cake and decorate it.

After the cake was ready we both left for the club in Vansh's car.

*Ting*

I checked my phone, it wasn't mine but Vansh's, he got a message. I got suspicious, not because I don't trust him, I do. But he has not been acting like himself. He checked his phone and his face immediately lost its color. I knew something was wrong.

"What happened?" I asked him, concerned.

"No-nothing." He shook his head.

"Vansh, I know something's wrong. Tell me, will you?" I stared at him.

"Ashi! Mene bola na, it's nothing!" He shouted making me flinch. "I- I am sorry. I didn't mean to shout at you" He looked at me with an apologetic face. (I told you, right?)

"It's okay," I said in a low voice. We both went silent throughout the drive.

We soon reached the club and set everything up. I ignored Vansh the whole time. After setting the cake, I was passing by him to get my phone from my bag when he held my hand and pulled me to him.

"I am sorry Ashi. I didn't mean to shout at you like that. It's just that I was a little irritated." Vansh said looking into my eyes.

"Vansh, You look tensed these days. You have been acting a little weird... Is everything alright?" I asked as I couldn't ignore him anymore. He sighed and I got closer to him.

"Everything's fine. It was nothing important."

"Promise?" I hugged him with my head against his chest.

"I promise." He replied after a while as he wrapped his arm around me, rubbing my back.

Even though he promised, I was still not convinced by his reply, but I let it go.

Shortly all of Dhruv's friends arrived. We all had lots of drinks, but not so many because we had to drop Dhruv at the airport.

We had dinner and then we cut the cake. I took Dhruv to a side and asked him

"Dhruv, Vansh has been acting weird these days. Do you know what happened?"

"Even I have noticed the change in his behavior. But no, he hasn't told me anything. When I confronted him about this he said it's a family matter but I was still not positive about his reply." He said and I nodded. We both went and joined everyone for dinner.

Soon all of Dhruv's friends left and only Dhruv, Shruti, Vansh, and I were left.

Dhruv and Shruti confessed their feelings for each other 3 years ago. They make a really cute couple. But now since Dhruv is leaving, they both are scared that their long-distance - relationship might not work out.

"I'll miss you," Shruti said hugging Dhruv even tighter than she already was.

"Shruti, you have told this to Dhruv a hundred times today," I said irritated, listening to her again and again.

"Shut up Ashi!" She threw a dirty tissue at me. Eww.

I looked toward Vansh and I saw him messaging someone while rubbing his forehead, tensing.

I need to find out what's wrong.

We all soon went on the dance floor to wash off the emotions and enjoy the time we had left with Dhruv before he leaves.

*~*~*~*~

Hey guys!
How are you all? <3

This is the second last part of the past. I didn't want to stretch it so much because I felt it was getting a little boring.

Let's get on to the present from the next part 😁😁

Don't forget to vote ⭐️
Thank you for reading 💙