3 | Path to Destiny? + Our past - (1)

"It's a yes from me" I heard Vansh say.

"That's great!" Vansh's mom said smiling. "What about you Ashi beta?"

Everyone was looking at me for my answer with hope.

I shifted my eyes from them to the floor, confused.

If I say yes, Vansh will think I have agreed to give him a second chance.
If I say no, our parents will be disheartened.

What do I do?!

"Ashi?" My mom said bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Mom, I need time to think," I said as I shifted my eyes back to the floor, Fidgeting with the end of my dupatta.

"It's okay beta. You can take as much time as you need." Vansh's dad said.

"Thank you uncle," I said giving a small smile.

"Take care beta" Vansh's mom said as they all made theirs to the main door.

"We'll call you tomorrow Mr. and Mrs. Malhotra," My dad said as he and mom bid bye to them.

"Ashi, take your time and think," My dad said patting my head before going to his room.

"Yes beta. You have time till tomorrow." My mom said as I saw her making her way to their room. She turned around before going inside "I hope it's a yes"

I went to our lawn for some fresh air and think about my decision. I was about to step out when I heard my phone ring. I went to get it and saw Rubina's name flashing on the screen. I answered it.

"Kesi gayi meeting?" She asked straightaway.
(How did the meeting go?)

"I'll meet you and tell you," I said

"Okay then meet me at Cafe Coffee Day near my boutique." She told me the location.

"Coming," I said and cut the call.

I went to my room and changed into a top and jeans. I told mom that I am going to meet Rubina before leaving my house.

I parked my car and I reached the cafe. I entered the cafe and saw Rubina on her phone on the corner table.

"Hellooo," I said as I reached the table.

"Hey" She put her phone down. "So how did it -?" She was cut off by me.

"The boy was Vansh," I said with a straight face.

"What?!" She was shocked.

"Are you sure it was him?" She didn't believe what I said.

"Of course, I am sure it was him! I saw him with my very own eyes" I said expanding my eyes with my fingers.

"Like Vansh Malhotra?" She still didn't believe me.

"Yes!" I exclaimed.

"How does he even have the guts to be in front of you after what he did!"

"I know!" I gritted my teeth.

"Did he misbehave with you?"

"No, he did not. But he kept saying 'I have changed, please give me another chance' But I straight away said no to him. "

"So what did you say? Yes or No?"

"I said I need time to think. I have to give them my answer tomorrow."

"Did uncle aunty say anything?"

"They were a bit sad. Mumma said that I can take as much time as I need. But she hopes that it is a yes. And I don't want her to be sad."