13 | I Approve (Present)

5th September, 2022

Ashi's Pov :

I closed my diary and wiped my tears. I kept my diary aside and looked at the bracelet I was wearing on my left wrist. It was the one Vansh gifted me on my birthday when he asked me to be his girlfriend.

I still don't know why I was wearing this bracelet even after we were not together but I never felt like taking it off.

I heard someone coming upstairs, so I quickly wiped my new tears away and acted normal.

"HELLO BRIDE-TO-BE"

"Didi- Bhaiya?!" I gasped as soon as I saw my siblings. I was seeing them after 3 years. I hugged them tightly. "What a surprise!"

"How could we not there be at our little sister's wedding?" Ishant Bhaiya said and I chuckled.

"Hi cutie pie!" I said seeing Ansh in Akanksha didi's arms. Ansh is Saksham's (Akanksha's husband) and Akanksha didi's 1 year old, soon-to-be 2.

Akanksha didi is married to Saksham jiju. They both are happily arranged married for 3 years. My parents used this as a trap to get me married and now I got trapped in it.

Whereas, Ishant bhai had a love marriage with  Priya bhabhi, his long-time girlfriend 5 years ago. They both have a daughter, Prisha who is 4 years old.

Ansh happily came into my arms. I smiled as he placed his lips on my cheek giving me wet kisses.

"Aww, you missed me this much?" I said as I kissed his cheek and he replied in gibberish language.

I went downstairs to meet the rest of my family. I touched everyone's feet which made my back ache badly. They all congratulated me for getting married whereas I just pasted a fake smile on my lips. Only I know how I feel getting married to that jerk Vansh.

"Ashi beta, we were thinking to invite Vansh and his family over for dinner tomorrow to decide the wedding date, so are you free tomorrow?" My dad asked me while we all were having dinner.

"Dad I was assuming if Vansh and I could get some time to know each other well before getting married."

"Okay. We'll discuss this with them tomorrow at dinner." My dad said and I nodded.

We all finished with dinner and after chatting for some time we all went to our respective rooms.

It was around twelve-thirty, I was lying on my bed working on my laptop when I heard the door of my room open and saw Akanksha Didi coming in.

"What's up," I asked her shifting my eyes back to the laptop screen.

"We need to talk," She said in a serious tone, sitting on the bed.

"About what?" I asked her as I sat up on the bed with the laptop on my lap.

"About Vansh" I sighed when I heard his name. What is even there to talk about him?

"Has Jiju and the children gone to sleep?" I tried to divert the topic but it was a fail.

"Ashi I know what you are trying to do. Don't divert the topic." I again sighed in defeat.

"What do you want to talk about him?"

"What happened between both of you?"

I took a deep breath before starting the story. I have never talked to anyone about it in the last 5 years.

I broke down into tears after telling the story to Akanksha Didi. I saw her stand up and ask for my phone in a deadly voice.

"Why do you want my phone?" I asked her as I wiped my tears away.

"I want to talk to him."

"About wha-" She cut me off.

"Just give it" I nodded and unlocked my phone and opened the contacts app, unblocking Vansh. I had blocked him 5 years ago. I would unblock him to call him and ask him what I did wrong to get cheated on but I always ended up blocking him again.

I opened his contact and gave her my phone with trembling hands scared thinking about what she'll talk to him. She took it and left my room.

I went to the washroom to wash the dry tears and got back to doing my work on the laptop but my mind was not concentrating on it. My mind kept diverting to what they both would be talking about.

I checked the time and it was one-forty-five. it had been almost an hour since Akanksha Didi had left my room and had still not returned to my room to give my phone back.

Keeping my laptop aside I got up and went downstairs. I saw the door to the garden slightly open, I went there and heard Akanksha Didi still talking on the phone.

"I promise I won't let Ashi know about this." Not let me know about what?

"Yes, I'll make sure of it." What are they even talking about? What did Vansh tell her?

"Be ready to decide your wedding date tomorrow" She chuckled.

"Okay bye. Take care." She cut the call before turning around.

"Wha- What are you doing here Ashi?" Her eyes widened.

"What were you both talking about? What did he say to you? What is it that you won't let me know?" I asked her a bunch of questions at once.

"You'll get to know about that soon. For now, be calm and get ready to be a bride because I approve of Vansh." She smiled and kissed my cheek. She returned my phone and went back to her room leaving me still.

What the hell happened?

*~*~*~

Hey guys! How was the chapter?
I'll try my best to update more often.

Don't forget to vote ⭐️
Thank you for reading 🤍