2 | HIM?!

"Ashi! Wake up!" My mom shouted, entering my room.

"Yes, mom! I am awake!" I said half - asleep, still in my bed.

"Ladke wale tujhe dekhne aa rhe hai! Tu unko Nightsuit me milegi?" my mom said reminding me about today's event.
(The boy and his family are coming to see you. Will you meet them in your night suit?)

"Yes mom, that's my real look!" I said showing off my night suit.

"Go get ready!" She said slapping my head.

"Ow!" I said heading to the washroom to freshen up.

~~

I came out of the washroom wearing a yellow chikankari kurta.

I also did light makeup and left my hair open since they were a bit wet

I saw the time and it was 11.30 am. They should be here by 12. So I decided to help my mom in the kitchen.

"Mumma, do you need any help?" I said entering the kitchen and saw her making Paneer Makhani. My favorite!!

"No beta everything is don-" She stopped as she turned around to see me. "You look so beautiful, Ashu"

"Thank you," I said shyly.

"Nazar na lage. I am sure he will be flattered when he sees you" She teased me.

"Mumma!" I blushed.

"Haye sharma gayi! Meri Ashu"

"Bas karo yaar mummy"
(Stop it, mom)

"Acha, Did you tell Rubi that the boy's family is coming to see you today?" My mom said continuing the cooking.

"Oh no! I forgot" I said and quickly dialed Rubina's number.

After a few rings, she finally picked up.

"Yes ma'am," Rubina said from the other side.

"Rubina. Are you free?" I said hoping that she was free.

"No, not right now. I am on my way to my boutique. Why?" She asked.

"I forgot to tell you yesterday. The boy and his family are coming to see me today." I said hoping that won't get angry.

"Wow! And you're telling me this now! Why didn't you tell me yesterday!" She shouted.

"I am sorry yaar, I forgot"

"It's okay...But you must meet me in the evening and tell me every single detail of today. Got it?"