16 | Engagement 💍

Ashi's POV :

It's been a week since our Roka Ceremony. It was not a grand function as both families wanted to have a small and sweet day with just our close family.

And today It's our Engagement. Yes, the day Vansh makes me wear the ring of his name. When I'll be his. Not officially, but unofficially. Not that I am eager.

All I am doing is for my parent's happiness. I care for them and that's why I have agreed to get married to Vansh.

So, I am all dolled up in the lehenga Vansh picked out for me with very light yet elegant makeup on my face and my hair left open with some styling.

"Ashi" I heard my parents call me and turned around to find my parents looking absolutely stunning. "You look so beautiful, baby"

A hint of tears could be seen in my mother's eyes as she said so.

"Mom, please don't cry." I cupped her face.

"I am not" She slapped my hands.

"Oww," I whined making puppy eyes asking for help from my dad.

"Eh don't hit my little princess," My dad said taking me in a side - hug and that was enough to break me down.

No matter how old a girl gets, she'll always be a little princess for her dad and he'll always be the first love of her daughter.

"Don't cry baby, Vansh will run away if he sees you like this" He said while wiping the tears with the pad of his thumb.

"That'll be so great" I mumbled but unfortunately he heard it.

"Huh?" He asked with his eyebrows furrowed.

"I mean, that'll be so great. My dream to run away and marry will be fulfilled." I hesitantly chuckled and they both laughed *Phew*

"Chalo ab. It's time to take you down."
(Come on now)

I sigh as I take a last look in the mirror. The time is here when get engaged but in a different situation than we had imagined.

I take a deep breath as I enter the banquet hall. It was so elegantly decorated. Just looks like a wow.

So beautiful, so elegant just looking like a wow!

Ugh Ashi, shut up everyone's watching you!

Not that they can hear my thoughts.

I look around and find Vansh standing on the stage. I sighed.

How much I was hoping to see another guy other than him. I huffed mentally.

But he looks so handsomely hot-

Ashi! No! Control yourself. You cannot fall for him again!

...

Vansh's POV :

She's here! My queen!

I smile as I see her enter the banquet hall. She looks so gorgeous, just like an angel.

I see her eyes looking for someone. She sighs as her eyes land on me, checking me out.

I chuckle at that thought.
She was searching for me, hehe

I raise my eyebrow in a teasing way. She made an irritated face but immediately masked it with a happy one.

How much I wanted this smile to be real. How much I wanted to tell her what all I have gone through in those 5 years to meet her but unfortunately she's not ready to hear me out even once. For her, I cheated on her willingly but she doesn't know that it was all planned, not by me.