12 | Sea of lies (Past - 10)

Ashi's Pov :

We all were dancing on the dance floor vibing to Bijlee Bijlee but I noticed one thing: Where is Vansh? I looked around but couldn't find him anywhere.

Where is he? He was dancing here with us, a minute ago. Where did he go?

"Guys, where's Vansh?" I shouted so that they could hear me through the blasting music.

"What?" Shruti shouted back.

"Where is Vansh? I can't see him anywhere!"

"He was right here. Where is he?" Dhruv said looking around.

We got off the dance floor and started looking for Vansh. Dhruv checked outside, Shruti checked the other floor in the club and I decided to check near the washroom.

Pushing the drunk people from my path, I made my way to the washrooms. I saw a couple making out. Gross. Don't they have any shame? I looked around but Vansh was nowhere to be seen.

Coming out of the washroom area, I saw another couple making out on the sofa, almost ready to tear off each other's clothes. I was going away from them when I noticed the watch in the boy's hand.

It looked like the same watch I gifted to Vansh on our first anniversary.

I tried to get a view of the boy's face but it was covered by the girl's hair. I recalled that he had gotten a tattoo of his mother's birth date. This was the only way to know if it was Vansh or someone else.

"Ashi, what are you doing staring at the couple? Come here, Did you find Vansh?" Shruti came out of nowhere and pulled me from my elbow. I pulled my arm from her hold and went to the other side to check the boy's arm and saw a tattoo, the same as Vansh's and I knew who it was.

I pulled the girl by her dress and pushed her off him. I froze.

I was right. It was Vansh. It was him.

My body stiffened. I stared at Vansh's eyes blankly.

"A-Ashi?" He immediately stood up with a shocked face.

"How could you Vansh?" I said barely audible. My eyes started to water.

"Ashi! It's not what you think it is. I can explain." He said coming closer to me.

"What will you explain Vansh?! Huh?" I said getting away from him. I hate him. "Kissing another girl and saying 'It's not what you think it is' ?"

The music slowed down and I heard Dhruv gasp. He came towards Vansh and slapped him. He deserves it.

"I never expected this from you! I thought you truly loved Ashi! I am really disappointed Vansh!" He said with anger evident in his voice.

"But please let me-"

"Tell me! Was I not good enough for you? What Did I do wrong that made you fucking cheat on me? I truly loved you, Vansh. I thought the moments we shared and all those feelings were true, but no all this was a fucking Sea of lies! I hate you, Vansh, I -" I could not hold myself anymore and broke down on my knees.

"Ashi please just hear me once!" Vansh kneeled in front of me taking my hand in his. I pulled my hand back, roughly.

"I never want to see your face again!"

I stood up and Shruti and I left the place. I could not be with him any second anymore.

All the feelings, all the moments were fake, it was an act!

"Shruti, can I stay at your place tonight? I can't be in front of my parents like this."

"Yes sure. You can stay at my apartment for as long as you want."

Shruti moved out a year ago. She had rented an apartment because it was near her job place. So I decided to stay at her place since I didn't want to be in front of my parents in this state.

"Thanks," I said in a low voice. I messaged my parents telling them about staying at Shruti's place.

I looked out of the window engrossed in my thoughts, my mind playing all the moments Vansh and I shared bringing tears to my eyes.

We soon reached Shruti's apartment. She showed me the guest room. She gave me a night dress to change into since the dress I was wearing was uncomfortable to sleep in.

"Thanks Shruti" I said with a small smile.

"No problem Ashi. If you want you can sleep with me."

"No thanks. I think I need some time to myself."

"Sure no problem." Saying this she hugged me. "I am in the next room if you need me" She said and I nodded. I have got the best friends.

*Ting*

I checked my phone and it was Rubina's message.

It was Rubina's close cousin's wedding so she couldn't join us for the party.

How was the party?

It was fine.

What happened?
Is something wrong?

Vansh and I broke up.

WHAT? WHY?!

He cheated.

* 'Rubiii♾️' Calling *

* Declined *

I just want some time to myself.
I'll call you tom.

I closed my phone. I was sitting on the bed curled up in a ball. My makeup was messed up, and my hair was tangled.

What did I do wrong to deserve this?

Was I not good enough?

I started remembering all our moments together.

"Mere jesa tujhe kahi aur nahi mil sakta"
(You cannot find anyone like me)

"Mein tujhe kabhi chor ke nahi jaunga"
(I will never leave you)

At last,

"I love you" - The biggest lie.

I cried myself to sleep looking at our old pictures.

*~*~*~*

Aww🥺 I feel so bad for Ashi, she hates him & maybe you guys do too :(
But I am sure Ashi and you all will not once you get to know Vansh's Pov (teaser hehe)

Also I am sorry if this chapter has any mistakes or is not so great. Last Thursday my father and I got into an accident, I escaped from minor injuries but he has multiple rib fractures so we are busy in taking care of him. I am sorry if the updates would be irregular but I'll try to post as much as possible💕

Now let's back to the present and know how they travel their love journey :*

Don't forget to vote ⭐️
Thank you for reading 💙✨