Chapter One

Sitting in a bar in 1963, Dallas, Texas. Me and Five on a new mission from the Handler. But she didn't know that Five was about to break his contract.

"Hugo, come on, we gotta get going." Five said, snapping me out of my thoughts. We walked out of the bar, heading down the path to the grassy knoll.

"Five, you sure you wanna break the contract?" I asked.

He gave me a nasty look and stepped towards me.

"Yes, Hugo. I need to do this to save my family!" Five said, almost yelling.

"Alright, keep your voice down."

He stared, setting up his gun and set in on the fence. He took a look at his watch and then the book he had been carrying around with equations in it.

"Alright. Step back, Hugo." Five said.

I stepped back as I watched him ball his hands into fists, and a blue portal opened up.

"Holy shit." I said under my breath.

Five looked in the portal and then back at me and pulled me to the side. A fire extinguisher came flying out of the portal.

"What the hell!" I said.

"Alright, we gotta go before it closes." Five said, grabbing my arm.

"Hold on, what do you mean we!? Five -" I was cut off by Five dragging me into the portal.

I hit the hard ground with a thud. Something felt different. I heard different voices. I lifted myself off the ground.

"Hey, you ok Hugo?" I think it was Five, but he looked like he was thirteen aging.

"Uh, Five. You're thirteen aging." I said, and he looked at himself, and then I looked at myself. I am now also thirteen aging.

"Hey, uh, is it just me, or is that little Five and some other kid." Some said from the crowd.

"Shit." Said Five, looking at who I think are his siblings. He tugged on my sleeve, which is now too big for my arm. He took my arm dragged me inside.

"Five, why the hell are we thirteen? And why did you take me with you? I didn't agree to this!" I said, talking too fast.

"Quite Hugo! I just trying to think." Five replied, letting go of my arm.

We now stood in the kitchen with five siblings two of them sitting in chairs, two standing, and the other sitting on the table.

"What's the date?" Five asked.

"The exact date, by the way." I spoke up.

"The 24th" one said with long black hair.

"Of what?"

"March."

"Good."

"So, are we just going to ignore what happened?" A woman with her hair half up in a bun. The larger man stood up, but Five ignored him as he set out two pieces of bread.

"It's been seventeen years." I knew this wasn't true considering Five was in the apocalypse for little over forty-five years.

"It's been a lot longer than that." Five mumbled teleporting to the shelf, grabbing peanut butter.

"Haven't missed that." The large man said.

"Where did you go?" A man wearing all black like a comic superhero.

"The future." Five said, teleporting back to his bread on the table. "It's shit by the way."

"Called it!" The man sitting crossed legged on the table. He was shirtless and wearing a skirt. He truned his head to me and gave me a loopy smile. I gave a small one back, and he looked high.