Chapter Sixteen

Diego went back inside to talk to Lila before we left. Said he wanted to check on her, I asked him to talk to Lisa while he was there. I let my head fall back onto the seat.

"Hey, you okay?" Five asked.

"Yeah...maybe just don't go around telling people about doomsday." I said smiling.

"Yeah okay. The only reason I told her was because she kept asking questions." Five said.

"She dose that." I said and I felt Fives hand grab onto mine.

Diego got back into the car and I let go of Fives hand.

"Lilas okay with watching over Elliott." He said and I looked back at him.

"Are we sure that's the best idea? I don't trust her to be honest." I said lowering my voice on the last part.

"Hey! You barely know her. Give her chance." Diego said and we drove off.

We parked in front of an old white building. We all got out and walked to the front door.

"This is it. You okay?" Diego asked looking over at Five.

"Yeah, fine just..." Five trailed off and sighed as he looked inside the building.

"How longs it been since you've seen the old man?" Diego asked kneeling down lock picking the door.

"Forty-five years." Five said.

"That's a trip."

"No kidding, you know when I was stuck in the apocalypse, there wasn't a day that went by were I didn't hear his vocie in my head." Five said leaning up against the wall.

"What was he saying?" Diego asked.

"I told you so."

"Well, if he is here it will be the first time he'd seen you. So he can't say 'I told you so.'" I said watching Diego lock pick the door.

"I am sure he'll find a way." Five scoffed.

"Alright I am done watching Diego struggle." I said and I unlocked door using telekinesis and opened the door.

"Right. Gotta remember that." Diego said and he followed me and Five inside.

Five walked over to a lamp to turn it on so the room wasn't so dark. It only flickerd for a second and shut back off again.

"Shit." Five said.

"Gusse dad wasn't much for home decor. " Diego said looking around.

The room was bare with only a few lamps and a couch. Like something you would find in an old nursing home.

"Feels more like a front." Five said and I nodded.

"A front for what?" Diego asked.

"I don't know." Five said.

"Well, I'll take a left." Diego said opening a door.

"Yell if uhh...you get in trouble." Diego said leaving me and Five behind.

I moved to the other side of the room and opened the door to see a poorly lit hallway and a bunch of doors on each side. I glance behind Five who had the saw confused look as I did.

Five nodded and I opened the first door to see a room with no light. Five flipped the light switch and we saw a family of mannikins sitting on a couch.

"You father weirds the hell out of me." I said looking at the couch full of mannikins.

"What are you up to?" Five asked as I'd his dad was in the room with them. The light went out and I took ahold of Fives hand.