Chapter Thirteen

About 15 days had passed and I had been going over to Elliotts place. He had gave me a whole bag of his old clothes so I would have something to wear.

He mostly had flannels and jeans. I didn't mind tho, I always used to take Miles flannels.

"Hey Hugo. When is your birthday?" Lisa asked on day.

"Oh, it's October 1st." I said as I helped clean around the house.

"Cool! Mine is on November 18th." Lisa said smiling.

Lisa had become like a little sister to me. But, she wasn't like Ruby. Lisa was sweet and never got mad easily, she was a little sensitive thought. Ruby had a short temper but could get along with people.

Me and Lisa would mow or work on Allsion and Ray's garden. They would pay us at the end of the week and we could get groceries.

I had be came really close with Allsions of the last few days. Ray is really nice too and reminded me of Miles.

Allison was working at the hair salon and would let Lisa have free haircuts once in awhile. But her and Ray have been apart of civil rights meetings. I have joined in on one of their meetings and took Lisa with me.

"Hey everyone, this is Hugo. He has been living with Lisa for almost two weeks now." Allison said introducing us to everyone else in the salon.

We mostly sat in the back as they talked and discussed things. Once everyone left it was just Me, Allsion, Ray, and Lisa. I see the way Lisa looks at them and I think she sees them a her parent figures.

"Hugo I don't really know much about you. So tell me about yourself." Ray said as we cleaned up the salon a bit.

"Uh, I was born October 1st. I ened up in Dallas because I was traveling, and I knew Allsion before I came to Dallas." I thought it would nice to mention I already knew Allsion.

"Oh, how did you know Allsion?" Rasy asked and Allsion peeked over her shoulder as she styled Lisa's hair.

"I knew her through a friend." I said that 'friend' being Five.

We walked back to our houses and went our separate ways. Lisa looked like she was about to collapse because she was so tried.

I layed down on the couch and stared at the ceiling. I thought about me and Five, I wasn't quite sure what we were. I wonder what would he be doing if he was here right now.

Once October 1st came around Lisa said she was going to stay home woth her grandmother. I still haven't officially met her, she is always in bed sick. So I went to Allsion to give her a present since it was also her birthday.

"Hey Hugo! Come on in." Ray said. I walked inside the house and Allsion was sitting on the couch.

"Hey Allsion. Happy Birthday." I said and I sat the gift on their coffee table.

"Hi Hugo. Where is Lisa?" Allsion asked getting up and grabbing a bag.

"She is at home with her grandmother. Apparently she has gotten worse." I said.

"But she should be ok. Lisa said she is a real fighter."

"Well, I got you something for your birthday to Hugo." Allsion said.

She handed me a small bag and I gave her the shoe box. I opened the small bag and there was a book called 'To kill a mockingbird'.

"Thank you Allsion. I'll read it as soon as I can." I said and Allsion opened her box. I got her a nice pair of new heels that she can wear ar her meetings.