Chapter Fourteen

We found the place where Luther was working and it looked like a strip club. A lady singing on stage with not a lot of clothes on. Also other women walking around looking like that to.

"Jesus, why the hell is he working here."  I said.

"I mean whatever you gotta do for money." Five said and we sat down getting weird looks from people.

Five watched the lady on stage while I looked away. I hated watching this stuff, I remember when Miles was watching a movie and it had half naked people in it. He thought I was being a baby looking away from it.

"Not the biggest fan of this are you Hugo?" Five said nudging my arm.

"Nope. Never was never will be." I said and Five stared laughing at me.

"You're such a child Five." I said hiding my smile.

"Well, I sure we won't be here much longer. Luther gotta show up any minute." Five said and he gave my hand a quick squeeze.

"She is to young for you." Someone muttered over Fives shoulder.

"Oh, speak of the devil." I said looking over to see Luther.

"Nice to see you too Luther." Five said giving him a smile.

"What do you want?" Luther asked annoyed.

"For you to stop hovering like an ambitious stripper and sit down here with us. How long have you been here?" Five said and Luther sat down.

"A year thanks to you."

"I'm sorry. I can't imagine how difficult that must have been for you."

There was movement in the background and Luther was moving to get up.

"I gotta go." He said shaking his head.

"Luther wait!" I said as Five pulled on Luther's sleeve.

"We wouldn't just show up like this if it wasn't something important." I said looking up at Luther.

"Five would." Luther said.

"Look. I get it okay? I know what's it is like to get stuck in time...thinking this is how you're gonna live the rest of your life. On the run, and not knowing if you're ever going to see the people you love aging, and be in an unfamiliar world. But Luther you are not alone. We have to get the others because the world ends aging in ten days. I have no idea how to stop it." Five explained with a sad look on his face.

Please say yes Luther. I thought to myself trying to stay positive. After a moment Luther spoke aging.

"I don't give a shit." He said pulling away from Fives grip.

Five gave a frustrated sigh and then got up to his feet and I did the same.

"The hell is worng with you Luther?" He asked and Luther turned around and gave us both cold stairs.

"I just told you the world is ending in ten days."

"Yeah, well your always saying that." Luther said.

"And so far I have been right." Five said putting a frim grip on Luther chest so he wouldn't leave aging.

"Look, you wanna save the world knock yourself out. All right? I already got a job. And I am sure Hugo dose to, so just let us live our lives out in pace alright?" Luther said and I gave him a disappointing look.

"I can't believe you work in this shit hole." I said looking down at the ground and Five nodded.

"Well, my boss owns the place. I am his body man." Luther said and Five had a confused look.