Chapter Twenty-Six

An: OH MY GOD... I'm soooo sorry for not updating for a few months. I just haven't had motivation for The Umbrella Academy 😞

Me, Five, Luther, and Lisa all walk into the bar. There were Irish jigs playing and joyous chours along with it.

"Well, there we are." Five said, glancing over at me and then our older selves sitting at the bar.

"Why don't we just grab the briefcase and run?" Luther asked, staring at older Five and older me.

"Because me and Five are trained to guard this case with our lives. We wouldn't let anyone even touch it." I explained, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Plus, it's the inherent paradox where this gets tricky. We are endangering our existence just by being in the same room with us." Five said.

"Huh- what do you mean?" Luther asked with Lisa, who was also still very confused.

"Yeah, I'm losing track."

"Woukd you two try and keep up? If old us doesn't travel back to 2019 like we're supposed to, the whole thing unravels itself. We cease to exist. You got me?" Five said, keeping his guard up.

"I get you." Luther said even though he didn't sound sure of himself. Lisa nodded in agreement.

"So our best bet is to talk to them, try and reason with ourselves." I said, nodding to myself. "I'm sure they'll understand. We know ourselves better than anyone." Five nodded along with me.

"You just inched your neck." Luther said, pointing at Five.

"That's stage two." Lisa said, holding up two fingers at me and Five.

"No, I didn't, I didn't inch my neck." Five said.

"You two are just seeing things..." I said, gripping onto my shirt. I could feel so sweat from my forehead.

"We're fine, okay?" Five said exasperated. "Let's stay on task, shall we?" He said, talking a step forward. Five took a hold of my hand, talking me with him.

"Wait!" Luther whispered, shouted, and grabbed Fives' shoulder and hauled him back.

"What?"

"Maybe we should go first. Me and Lisa."

"Why?"

"You'll freak them out. Bumping into your own tiny doppelganger? They'll lose their shit. Just let me break the ice."

"If you're gonna break the ice, why am I coming with you?" Lisa asked, looking up at Luther with her hand on her hips.

"Okay, fine, Luther, go Lisa stay." Five said, still holding onto my hand.

Luther took a deep breath and walked over to the older Five and me.

"I have a feeling he is going to mess this up." Five muttered to me. I nudged him in the side.

"I'm sure he'll be fine, maybe. Just give him a chance."

"I might have to agree with Five, Hugo." Lisa said. "I haven't known Luther long be he seems... not the brightest."

"Lis-" I was cut off by Luther calling for me and Five. Five let go of my hand and walked over to Luther. I followed close behind them along with Lisa.

"Hey there, strangers." Five said as I stood next to him. I gave an awkward wave to older us. I watched as Older Five, and I had mouth agape in shock. They looked at us with narrow eyes. My Five and I stared at them back.

"Hey! Would you four stop your staring contest!" Luther demanded.

"It's not childish!" Both Fives said. My older self, and I just continued to stare at each other. Maybe I was glad I truned into my younger self.