𝐢𝐢𝐢 | cadet corps

‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒ ✯ ‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒

WHAT HAPPENED that day was a blur in Iris' memories. After vomiting her feelings out, she passed out on the spot, according to Annie. Supposedly, after Reiner broke the inner wall, he came back to find his friends and she was conscious again.

That the four Warriors camouflaged themselves into the crowd and were evacuated by the soldiers in the city. After that, they were placed in a refugee camp, inside of the neighbor wall, Rose.

And yet, Iris couldn't seem to remember any of those events taking place. She brushes back her hair from her forehead in frustration.

"Are you sure that's all?" she asks Bertholdt.

He nods in response. "No sign of the Founding, yet."

The four kids were inside of what seemed an empty farm. They were people with them, too, and multiple sleeping bags. To her right, Annie was sleeping on the floor with a blanket over her.

Reiner and Bertholdt were sitting cross-legged behind her, watching the two girls.

"I see," mumbles Iris.

"Where are we?" Annie asks, using her arms to sit up, glancing at her surroundings.

"Inside Wall Rose," Reiner replies.

Annie keeps quite. All of the sudden, Reiner wraps his arms around all of his friends and pulls them close to him with a sigh. Annie and Bertholdt to his left , Iris to his right. Her face squished by his chest.

"Annie... Bertholdt... Iris...," he closes his eyes as he speaks, "Marcel... I promise I'll be the Warrior I should've been."

‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒ ✯ ‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒

- YEAR 847 -

Iris once thought that the sun was kind, giving life to the world. Today, she reminded herself that it burns as hell, too. She was sure that, if she placed a raw egg on her head, it cook itself from how hot it was.

She currently stood in line with 300 more people, having enlisted in the Cadet Corps, an academy that trains peoples from ages 12 and above to become part of one of the government's military branches.

To become a soldier.

How did she get here, you may ask?

After staying in the refugee camp for a few months, the group moved to the mountains, as the Wall Rose residents decided it would be best for the refugees to work and support the society.

They moved to the mountains, where it often snowed, and a man took pity of the four "orphans" and would take care of them during their work hours.

But they were all growing impatient. The King in the Walls hasn't said or done anything since they broke the wall and they needed to find the Founding. Annie figured that if they joined the military, they can find something.

And here they are, two years later.

After enlisting, they were given their uniforms. Iris wanted to run away when she tried it on. Not that it was bad, just a bit uncomfortable and confusing.

To her luck, she was told she could keep her plain black shirt, but she has to tuck it inside the fitted white pants she was given. Besides the pants, she was wearing a light brown jacket that stopped just below her chest, which had the Cadet Corps' emblem: a silver shield with two swords.