𝐱𝐢𝐢 | starry night

‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒ ✯ ‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒

NOTE: Italics in dialogue mean the scene is set in the past. Enjoy and please let me know your thoughts!

(Y'all, this is chapter is 8k words long 😭, so y'all better eat it up 🤞)

‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒ ✯ ‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒

"REINER! WHAT ARE you right now?" Bertholdt asks, shaking the boy's shoulders in panic.

Reiner slaps his hands away, "I'm a Warrior. Calm down, will you? We've got bigger things to deal with."

Iris comes closer to them, "Hey, are we seriously trusting Ymir? She's the one who ate Marcel, Reiner, and the person you should trust the least. Who knows what she'll do to us. Not to mention, with the Jaw's power."

"Iris, her motive is clear; Christa," he remarks, "Once she turned human again, it's possible she roamed around and only cared for herself until she met Christa. And as cute as Christa is, her presence is important in other aspects of our mission. We need her, therefore, we need Ymir, too. Don't forget about what Annie told us when she followed those men when were Cadets."

Iris sighs, taking in his words.

Returning without Christa and Ymir would mean their efforts vanished in the thin air. Ymir holding the lost Jaw Titan and Christa being the heir of an important family within the Church, making her of high value and interest.

Even if they fail to bring Eren back to Marley, they would still have Christa to aid their search.

"All right," Iris nods, "Good thinking. We'll follow your plan."

Reiner was taken back by her compliment, but managed to hide it.

"Let's get this over with. Next time we come here, we'll take Annie, Christa and the Coordinate. Then, we won't return ever again," Bertholdt says.

Iris snaps her head in his direction, frowning, "Annie? We're leaving Annie?"

She couldn't let that happen. Annie, despite being the stoic, unhinged girl that doesn't care about the rest, is still one of her very first friends. She saw Iris for who she is and not what the world expected her to be.

If there was one thing she has learned from Annie, is that she don't owe the world nothing.

"You are the ruler of your own world. Your own person. Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, Iris. You let yourself be vulnerable, and they will destroy you at once. I learnt that a long time ago," Annie had told her on their first night as Cadets.

And it always lingers in the back of her mind.

"We have no choice. Once we do that, the mission is over," Bertholdt's voice was laced with sadness. Just enough for Iris to catch it.

"And please, do us a favor and tell Annie how you feel when we get to our hometown", Reiner says, patting a flustered Bertholdt, "I'm pretty sure Iris's grown tired of listening to you every day."