𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢 | they will never know

‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒ ✯ ‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒

NOTE: Dearest gentle reader (note the reference 🤭), this chapter is the beginning of Iris' arc. I think it will continue in for 3-4 more chapters so the main focus will be her point of view.

I will still write about about Jean, but not as often as I used to. I hope you understand and like what I have planned 💗

Enjoy!

TW: mentions of gruesome death

‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒ ✯ ‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒

GOING HOME WASN'T as simple as she thought it was. Iris seemed to have forgotten the thousands of procedures she has to go through in order to finally arrive at her family's doorstep. Starting with giving Zeke a full report of the mission.

"You're certain this Eren has the Founding, then?" Zeke asks the three teenagers sitting across him.

The four Warriors are currently having a meeting in Zeke's cabin. Iris sat in between Reiner and Bertholdt, all three wrapped in their respective blankets, choosing to focus on her boots as they spoke. She felt too exhausted to be dealing with this.

Too exhausted to deal with Zeke, specifically.

"Yes, sir," Reiner nods, "We've all seen it. Felt it. And the Scout Regiment, their military, are set on returning to Shiganshina."

"Why's that?"

"Eren once shared with them how his father's basement held vital information regarding Titans and their origins. We believe it's why they're so eager to return."

Zeke nods firmly, leaning back on his seat. He gives his beard a light scratch and says, "His father... do you happen to know who he is?"

"Well, all Eren ever told us was that he was a respected doctor in Shiganshina and that he had gone missing the day we broke the walls," Reiner explains, "His name is Grisha."

Zeke nearly passes out at his words. His face has gone extremely pale, his eyes had darkened, and his jaw clenched, "What... did you say Eren's last name was?"

"Yeager, sir. Eren Yeager."

Iris looks up at the sound of Zeke's trembling breaths. His eyes were closed, squinting hard. His hands rested anxiously in his lap, confused on what to do. Then, Zeke takes a deep breath, relaxing his tense muscles.

He opens his eyes and he was a new man. Recomposed and collected.

"Right," Zeke says, "I'll need someone to stay in this ship. The other two will go back with me and report until further notice. Who will it be?"

Bertholdt takes everyone by surprise when he raises his hand, "I-I'll do it. I'll stay."

Reiner and Iris didn't have a chance to protest as Zeke had already stood up, clapping his hands once, "Good. Now get out. You're dismissed."

The three make their way out hesitatingly, and once Bertholdt closes the door, Iris asks him, "Are you sure about this?"

"She's right," Reiner agrees, "I thought you wanted to go home."