𝐢𝐯 | the pine tree

‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒ ✯ ‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒

- YEAR 849 -

A LOT OF THINGS were not on Iris' plan to retake the Founding. Like losing Marcel and the Jaw on their second day on the island, enlisting in the enemy's military or having to stay for five years in this place.

But what has shocked her the most is the friendships she has built with these people throughout the almost-three hard years of training.

Her first friend, Sasha, has become a very dear to her. Though, Sasha has several friends besides Iris, the two girls were close and felt the most comfortable when around the other.

Iris, frequently, was the one waking Sasha up since the girl was a heavy sleeper and sometimes, it required Iris to ask Mikasa for help. Mentioning breakfast was always the last resource.

Sasha is also very sweet to Iris. She is the one that cheers her up, even if she doesn't know. The one that gives comforting words at night. The one that teachers her archery every once in a while. The one to make laugh until her stomach hurts.

She was the type of friend everyone wished to have, and it made Iris how lucky she is for their friendship. Sasha reminded her of her friendship with Pieck, so much it was painful for Iris. She longs for the day she can finally see her sister again.

Perhaps, that is the reason why she is so drawn to Sasha.

She figured that if the two met, they would get along very well. They might even forget she was there. The thought made her laugh.

Iris has also become friends with Connie, Armin and Mikasa.

If her stomach hurts when laughing with Sasha, with Connie, she could be rolling on the floor, if she lets herself to. Connie was really playful with everyone and always encouraged Iris to hang out with them. He can be idiot, but she can never be bored with Connie.

But she respected the bond Sasha and him have. The two idiots were twins, basically.

Armin was someone she never expected to befriend. The boy is always there to help Iris when she has trouble with her clases and sometimes, the two would enjoy reading together. He is really good friend.

And Iris knew his good heart would get him far in his life.

Mikasa is a friend, too.

Iris was afraid to approach her since she looked cold and intimidating, but the two girls became friends after they were placed on the same team for a task. They were throwing shade at everyone in their team, agreeing that they all were the worst.

From there, a friendship bloomed.

Mikasa is a calm girl, often prefers to be quiet and listen to others, just like Iris, but when she makes a joke, you can be assured that you will laugh and laugh.

Besides, she is kind enough to help Iris improve by training together, something they both enjoy doing.

Iris speaks to Eren when she sits with all of them, but they weren't as close as she is with the rest. But he was a nice guy, just got a lot to work on his anger issues.