𝐢𝐱 | home

‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒ ✯ ‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒

"MY VILLAGE AIN'T that far away from here, you know. Just a little to the South," Connie says lazily, bored hazel eyes glancing at the window, resting his head on his palm.

Sasha, who sat across of him, was replicating his same stance, disinterested in her surroundings, "Huh. Who would've thought? Mine's just to the North."

Next to them, Reiner and Bertholdt were in a serious match of chess, frowning at the board game as they both plan their next move. Iris sat between Sasha and Reiner, watching her friends play chess, tapping her fingers on the wooden table to keep herself entertained.

Ymir and Christa were chatting with other rookies on the table across them.

As told the night before, they would be in another building owned by the Scout Regiment, located South of Wall Sina. However, they were all requested to leave their equipment behind and come in plain clothes.

All the rookies were kept in one single room, and Iris felt like she was going to die out of boredom.

"Damnit. Why can't I go visit?" Connie groans, "Think I'll sneak out at night."

Sasha hums in agreement, "Can you believe it? They told me not to come back until I'm normal. Like, what is that supposed to mean?"

Iris and Connie snort at her.

"They told me I was too much of a weakling to become a soldier," he rolls his eyes.

"Just tell them how you were in our class' top ten. Trust me, it'll make them eat their words," Iris suggests.

Connie nods, as a thug smile grows on his lips, "Yeah, you're right, Iris. Watch them go insane."

Reiner places one of his figures on the board, marking his move, "Connie, if you want, I'll help you sneak out."

"Huh? Why?"

He crosses his arms, "Isn't it strange? We're all on standby with our plain clothes. We are not allowed to train or wear uniforms, so what are we doing?"

Iris follows his figure with her eyes as he makes his way to the window, "What's more suspicious is that everyone out there is fully armed. I mean, we're inside the wall, not the front lines, for heaven's sake. What the hell are we fighting?"

Connie shrugs, "They're probably looking out for bears, man. Relax."

"Yeah. Bears, " Sasha mumbles.

Then, she lets her head fall to the table, thudding against it. Iris glances at her, wondering if she's immune to the pain. It wasn't long before she jolted up, gasping.

"I hear thuds! Footsteps!"

Everyone in the room stares at her, some mumbling at her act.

Reiner rolls his eyes, "Get serious, Sasha. Don't start suggesting Titans randomly broke through Wall Rose again."

However, Iris catches sight of small droplets of sweat coming down from his forehead. He's nervous.