𝐱𝐢𝐱 | i trust you

‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒ ✯ ‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒

- THREE MONTHS AGO -

"SAY, IRIS, OUT of all the boys, who would you date? Not that it's obvious, but I am a wonderful candidate. I am handsome, famous with the ladies, if you know what I mean-"

Suddenly, Sasha slaps the back of Connie's neck, rolling her eyes. "Don't be stupid, Connie. She would never date you."

Connie puts on a hurt expression as he rubs his neck, dramatizing the effect, earning a chuckle from the rest. "C'mon, Sasha! What was that for?!"

"Sasha's right, man," Eren shrugs, biting into his apple. "No offense but, in what world would Iris date you?"

Connie glares at him. "None taken."

The young Cadets laugh at his clear annoyance.

They were all gathered in the Mess Hall, fueling up their bodies with food before Shadis brings them hell later on the day. Iris sat next to Mikasa at the end of the bench, Armin and Eren to Mikasa's left side. Across the four, sat Sasha and Connie, two empty seats next to Connie.

"Seriously? What is wrong with me?" Connie asks desperately, confused at how everyone was giggling at him. "I'm a nice guy!"

"Nobody said you aren't, Connie," Armin chuckles.

"Oh, y'all are just playing me with me, man!" He turns to Iris and extends his hand to her, "Iris, help me out! If I asked you out, you'd say yes, right?"

They all turn to her with excitement, waiting for the perfect moment to tease him again, except for Connie. To their surprise, she takes his hand and with a soft laugh, she says, "Don't listen to them, Connie. In another world, I would definitely date you."

Connie bursts out laughing, banging his fist on the table as he mockingly pointing at his friends' shocked faces.

"Ha! In your faces, suckers! You hear that, Eren? In another world, she would date- hold up," he stops, looking at Iris with confusion. "In another world?... Wait, what?"

That was it. All of Connie's hopes to save his dignity were crushed by the sound of his friends' laughter. Iris places her hand on her lips to prevent herself from laughing, but she couldn't stop the silent giggles.

Armin reaches out his arm to pat Connie's shoulder, trying his best to hold in the snickers, "I-It's okay, Connie! We love you nonetheless!"

"Yeah, totally, man! We love you, Connie-" Eren cackles mid sentence, earning a look from Mikasa.

But Connie wasn't giving up. He tugs Iris' hand that he still held. "Nah, Iris! Why not in this world? C'mon now! Why nooot?"

Iris was about to give him an answer, but Sasha cuts her off by suddenly blurting out, "Connie, don't be silly, Iris is dating someone already. It's obvious why she won't date you."

Connie turns to Iris with wide eyes, "What?! You are?!"

"Yeah!" Sasha exclaims, munching on her breakfast. Crumbles around her lips. "Isn't she dating Jean?"