Grandpa Gai

Metal Lee was 6 years old now and he went to kindergarten. 

The first day of school Lee was very excited for Metal, but Metal was scared and nervous. He wouldn't let go of our hands and he cried that he had to be away from us for a while. Gai was there too and he was encouraging Metal that it was ok. "You got this little Lee!" Gai told him and flashed his smile along with the thumbs up.

The first time Gai saw Metal he cried and hugged me and Lee very tight. Gai would come by about 3 times a week to come and see Metal. Metal at times would be frightened by Gai's loud personality, Metal would hide under the tables at those times. Haha, all good memories. 

Back to now.

Gai was carrying Metal on his shoulders and he was running around. It was a picnic day for us. Lee and you were peeling apples and slicing them on the picnic blanket. You leaned into Lee and gave him a peck on the cheek as he continued slicing and peeling apples.  You leaned on him and sighed, it was a beautiful day, the sun was out, the grass was green and Gai was here. 

Metal and Gai came running towards the two of you. "Mommy, Daddy, let's play tag with granpa Gai."

Lee was it and you and Metal were both running together. You both hid behind a tree and watched as Lee was chasing Gai.

"Shhhh Metal, he won't catch us if he doesn't know where we are."

Lee and Gai were out of sight now. Metal and you scanned the area and didn't see them.

"I think it's safe now..." Metal whispered and the both of you got up.

Metal gasped and you looked back toward him to see what it was. Gai had caught Metal and started tickling him.

"Run mommy...Hahahah."  You watched the as you started to jog away from them. Someone picked you up and you met eyes with Lee.

"Darn you caught me too, hahhaha." Lee carried you to where Metal and Gai were. Gai was still tickling Metal. "Stop! Hahaahah, I...Hahah.. Ima pee!" 

"Ok, little Lee, I'll leave you be."

Metal looked up and saw Lee carrying you in his arms. "Oh no, papa caught you."

"Ok, let's go back and eat." 

You all went to the picnic blanket with all the stuff and started digging in. 

"These are some serious sandwiches, mama Lee." Gai said stuffing his face with the sandwiches you made.

"Oh stop it," you laughed. "Yuh mama, these sandwiches are good," Metal said while chewing, spitting a bit of food out.

"Metal, no talking while chewing." Lee poked Metal's cheek.

Gai nodded, "listen to papa and mama Lee."

It was a long and fun day. You all went to your and Lee's home. 

Gai helped wash dishes while you and Lee prepared dinner. Metal was on the living room couch playing with fake ninja tools. 

After Gai was done washing the dishes, he went to go play with Metal. "What have you got there little Lee?" Gai asked Metal.

"It's the super ultra cool ninja tools, one day I'm going to a great ninja, like mom and papa!"

You and Lee listened while cutting vegetables and putting them to cook.

"He's gonna be a great ninja when he grows up," you smiled.  Lee nodded "Just like you Y/N."

You all ate dinner and Gai was already leaving home for the day. "Take care Gai and come visit anytime okay." 

Gai waved, "You two take care and you too little Lee."