Chapter 4 (POV: (Y/N) )

Notes:

This is my AU. Kanae became Hashira when Giyu and Sabito and (Y/N) were taking part in Final Selection. During the first day of Final Selection, Kanae and Shinobu took in Kanao. Aoi already became a Demon Slayer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Four months had passed and I was ready for the Final Selection.

With the help of Astraea and my daily practice, I got stronger and stronger. Everyone was proud of me that I had created a new breathing style.

The Final Selection took place at Fujikasaneyama, part of the mountain was covered in Wisteria. Most of the participants were perplexed as Wisteria do not bloom in the current season. I kept my cool and headed to an open area with stone slabs as the flowering. Two children, a girl and a boy, whom I know as Kiriya and Kanata Ubuyashi. They are one of the children of Kagaya Ubuyashi, head of the Demon Slayer Corps.

The two spoke in perfect sync when everyone participating arrived, "Greetings all, thank you for joining the Final Selection tonight. There are a lot of demons held captive on this mountain brought back by killing demon swordsmen. They are unable to leave because from the mountain foot to half way up, there are a lot of demon repelling Wisteria that bloom all year round."

That explains the Wisteria around us.

"However, from here on out, there are no more Wisteria. Only demons. If you can survive here for seven days, then you pass the Final Selection. Now, let the Final Selection begin."

Saying that, I ran pass them and up the mountain, mercilessly decapitating demons with ease. All I killed were hungry for human meat that they didn't even care if they attacked the ones that taste disgusting.

Soon, when I started to bleed, more and more demons came for a me.

"A MARECHI!"

"I haven't tasted a  Marechi for ages!"

"You'll be my third Marechi."

I flexed my body and killed them all. "One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight..." I murmured, trying to keep track of how many demons I killed. Losing track after fifty, I gave up counting.

Suddenly, I saw a mutated demon fighting a boy with light pink hair, a scar on his cheek with a fox mask. As soon as I saw an opening, I used it for my advantage.

Zodiac Breathing, 2nd form, Taurus

"My oh my! What breathing is that? Hey...You're not a student of Sakonji. But it's alright! I'll kill you too!" The demon cackled.

Water Breathing, 3rd form, Flowing Dance

The pink haired boy interfered. Noticing a black haired boy hiding near a tree, I realised the pink haired was protecting him.

CLING!

Turning my head around, time seem to froze when his sword broke. "Sabito!" The boy near the tree called out as the demon shot out one of his hands to kill him.

Zodiac Breathing, 12th form, Pisces

Zodiac Breathing, 8th form, Scorpio

I pushed Sabito back and the demon exclaimed, "YOU! HOW DARE YOU! I WAS ABOUT TO KILL HIM!"

Zodiac Breathing, 10th form, Capricorn

Zodiac Breathing, 9th form, Sagittarius

Zodiac Breathing, 5th form, Leo

Zodiac Breathing, 6th form, Virgo

Just as the 'mist' disappeared, I handed Sabito one of my spare katana. "Thanks." He said.

Water Breathing, 4th form, Striking Tide

Zodiac Breathing, 4th form, Cancer

Suddenly, a hand shot out to attack the black haired boy. 

"GIYU!"

I gasped.