Chapter 24

Eat.

Rest.

Wait.

Kill.

Repeat.

The simple life of a demon slayer.

Very simplified, I mean.

While we wait for the sun to set, some things we do:

Practise with or without friends.

Visit friends and relatives and family who are not in the Corps.

Have fun with friends.

Take care sick.

Buy stuff.

Sleep.

All good choices, but I did none.

Instead, I did something that make people think I'm a bit weird.

Requesting for a week of break, I headed to a lonely, deserted mountain with thick white clothing and a white haori due to the winter season.

Finding a nice spot, I cleared the area from the snow and sat in the centre.

I had planned to take some time to calm and collect myself. I read in books that sometimes, doing deep breathing and some reflection helped with our mental health. Occasionally, I took out some food and water from my bag that held my katana. The food I ate and the water I drank were fairly simple.

However, things did not go as planned when I was found by a woman.

She looked young with black silky hair tied in a bun, a nice pink kimono with a blackish-grey haori. Her pink eyes stared at me as she shouted, "Mother! There's someone here!"

Her mother, has black hair in a bun, which was covered by a white cloth, a tenugui, that she wears around her head. She has dark purple eyes and a checkered purple and white kimono with a white and long-sleeved kappōgi over the top. "Are you lost? Or waiting for someone?" She asked.

I shook my head and the three of just stared.

And stared.

And stared a bit more until she questioned, "If you want, you can stay at our place for the time being." 

Thinking it was a bit unkind for me to say no, I nodded, grabbed my stuff and walked to her home.

"I'm Kamado Kie. This is my 2nd child, Nezuko. My late husband has passed on. And ah, please don't mind the disturbance made by my other children." She introuduced.

"Who?"

"My children, oldest to youngest, Tanjiro, Nezuko, Takeo, Hanako, Shigeru and Rokuta." She explained.

"Welcome to my home!" She exclaimed as she slid open the door of her home.