Christmas Special

Happy Christmas!!!

-----

"Merry Christmas!" Shinobu exclaimed.

"Happy Christmas! Have you gotten your gift for the party yet?" Mitsuri asked and Shinobu nodded.

"What gift?" I muttered and both of them were stunned.

"So...Basically, you get a gift, put it in a box and wrap it with wrapping paper. The hashiras are having a party tonight as Master gave us that night off!" Shinobu explained and I nodded before leaving.

A gift...huh. Who should I give it to? Muichiro. But what would he like? Christmas flowers that have red berries? Cookies that look like people but brown and with no clothes and with some weird markings on them? Handmade crafts that look very bad because I have no artistic talent? Food?

After a moment of contemplation, I decided to head to the nearest chaotic festive town, Fuikuzen.

...

Bad idea, very.

People were jostling around and it was snowing a lot. Stall owners were shouting till they became muted, kids were stepping and tripping around while pelting each other with snow and making weird snow creatures that have three round spheres stacked on top of each other, and people were going in and out of shops and whacking others with their bags of Christmas goods.

Sighing, I pushed myself through the crowd until I reached a very crowded and big gift shop, Himata's Gifties.

Inside, I browsed through the items before settling on one. Grabbing it, I made my way to the cashier and said, "Wrap it up for me in a box."

"Alright little girl, is for someone? Your family? Your friends? Your relatives? Or...your crush?" the cashier smiled as she handed me the gift. I shot her a withering glare and she raised her hands up in innocence. "Just kidding!" she responded, "Merry Christmas!"

I left the store and wandered around the town until it was time for the party, which was at the Butterfly Estate.

There, all the hashiras were there in their usual outfit except...

They had weird red-green hats on them...?

"(Y/N)! You made it! Place your gift under the tree and we can begin soon." Shinobu told me and I did it, not before she placed an identical hat on me.

"Can we eat yet?" Iguro muttered and right on cue, Mitsuri emerged from the kitchen with some Christmas delicacies.

"Itadakimasu." I muttered under my breath as I ate the food, some sweet, the others savoury. When we were done, Rengoku announced, "NOW, IT'S TIME FOR THE GIFT EXCHANGE!"

Apparently, I'm supposed to pick a gift from under the tree along with the other hashiras. There weren't any name tags so I picked the one that is medium and is closest to me with some tree designs.

As I waited for the hashiras to pick, I was staring at my present, and Muichiro picked it. I glanced back to mine and the hashiras were finally done picking after an eternity.

Proceeding to open our respective gifts, I opened mine to see a...

What is this. A glass sphere that had some weird white powder and a tree inside that was also placed on a wooden carved block?

As I shook it and turned it in my hands, I heard Muichiro mumbled, "Ah, you got my snow globe..."

So this is a snow globe, I nodded my head and placed it in my laps. Muichiro got Mitsuri's gift, which was Sakura Mochi, the thing that caused Mitsuri's hair colour to become pink and green. Mitsuri got Shinobu's gift of many handmade butterflies strung into a bracelet. Shinobu's gift was a red beaded necklace like Himejima's but smaller. Himejima received Uzui's gift of Rice Sake. Uzui had a stone carved snake gifted by Iguro while he got a normal katana that was gifted by Giyu who had some cookies from Shinazugawa. That means...

As Shinazugawa looked at his gift, I glanced down to the snow globe. There was a moment of silence before he queried, "What in the world is this."

Glancing up, he first, took out a Kokeshi Doll, followed by a Daruma Doll, and lastly, a Tea and Japanese Tableware set. I piped up nervously, "That's my gift...It came as a set in a store and I didn't know what else to give."

"It's nice..." someone muttered and Uzui, who sat next to Shinazugawa, immediately shouted, "EVERYONE!! THE SHINAZUGAWA SANEMI ACTUALLY LIKES THIS FLAMBOYANT LITTLE CHILD HERE! HE SAID A COMPLIMENT!!"

"SHUT UP YOU BAKA!" Shinazugawa snapped back at him. The rest of the night was followed with laughters, fights, games and many more.

-----

Dang, literally near dawn here in my area and I'm typing this long crap and looks horrible in my point of view. Anyways, Merry Christmas!

(Re-edit: SHIT!!! I FORGOT ABOUT GIYU)