Chapter 42

HAPPY NEW YEEEARRRRR!!!! (on my side, I published it on the exact time it was 1/1/24)

And also very lazy to find pics.

----

The time I spent with Muichiro vanished like the mist and soon, all the hashiras were sitting on a roof admiring the sky. Shinobu sighed, "It has been a pleasant rest, don't you think so?"

Giyu was the only one that hummed in response while the rest of us either nodded or said a yes. "Well, time to flamboyantly go back to work!" Uzui said and left us. The hashiras soon began to dispersed and I was the only hashira left in the town. Out of the blue, Aki, my faithful crow appeared.

"Aki, before you issue me any more quest, may I request to see the master?"

Aki cawed in response and took off so I followed her to the estate of master Ubuyashi. As I kneeled before him, he asked, "Ah, my child, do you need anything?"

As I took in a deep breath, I began to explain everything about my illness. Sighing with worry, he responded, "I see...It was a nice time to have you be in the Corps (L/N), but I guess it is soon your time to meet your maker. Try your best to survive and slay as many demons as possible while doing things you enjoy the most. Dismissed."

I left the mansion, thinking about many possible outcomes. Unbeknownst to me, my fate was already decided, but it could change if I did one move.

(I'm kind)

Night fell and I was scouting the perimeter of my base when I felt an ominous presence behind me. Swiftly, I turned around to be met with a silhouette of a demon. Long hair, as a sword and wearing traditional Japanese clothing. I gripped my katana tightly as he stepped out of the shadows, his six eyes studying me. My eyes widened as I read the numbers in 2 of his eyes.

Uppermoon 1.

Play defence, I told myself as sweat licked my palms while I unsheathed my sword. "Wonder why master sent me to turn you, a weak hashira into a demon."

Weak. Without thinking, I lunged at him using my 1st form. What I did not anticipate was him using his katana and-

Moon Breathing, 1st Form, Dark Moon, Evening Palace

What in the sun and moon?!

Zodiac Breathing, 12th form, Pisces

Zodiac Breathing, 11th form, Aquarius

Moon Breathing, 6th Form, Perpetual Night, Lonely Moon - Incessant

Wha- He sliced through that as it was nothing! I jumped back and backed away as I stared at him.

"Minor cuts, here and there, you are durable." He remarked. "I've never seen a breathing like that, who are you even!?" I shouted. He crossed his arms and replied, "Kokushibo, Uppermoon 1, brother of the first ever and the last Sun Breathing User."

Time seems to stop completely as I trembled in fear. Calming myself down, I thought of all the good things that can happen.

If I die in this battle, I can meet Kanae and the family and friends that died. Yay.

If I become a demon, I can burn in the sunlights without anyone knowing I became a demon and the result is the same as a former. Yay.

Moon Breathing, 5th Form, Moon Spirit Calamitous Eddy

I screamed in pain as my right arm got served and I dropped my katana. Falling to the ground, I watched as Kokushibo picked up my arm and ate it. Instantly, I puked and coughed. "That was disgusting!" I gasped as I heard him mumbled, "Sweet blood, not marechi but good blood."

He walked to me and I spat at him. Ignoring that, he pulled my hair and forced my mouth opened before letting some of his blood drip into it. I writhed and struggled, trying to stop it. I tried shouting, anything, from curses to help but everything was in vain as I felt spots decorate my vision. The last thing I remember was him picking my nearly unconscious body up.